LONG TERM ACUTE FACILITY

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Does anyone know of a facility that specializes in the care of GBS patients, in the Southeast? They told us my father would have to be moved to a Long term acute facility.

• GH
      June 5, 2013 at 1:43 am

You haven’t mentioned any treatments. It seems to me that someone so recently diagnosed, with such an extreme case of GBS, should be in an ICU getting plasma exchange treatments.

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2013 at 3:07 am

My father is in ICU and ended the IVIG treatment this past Saturday. They are putting in the trach tomorrow and have told us in the next 2-3 weeks we would have to be moved.

• June 12, 2013 at 3:02 am

Someone we knew was in a nursing home for something all together different. However there were gbs patients there. That might be what they are referring to or sometimes there are long term care facilities specifically for rehab only, being that he is a senior they may put him in a nursing home that has 2 separate floors, one for long term care, the other for rehab. If you would like to give me your email, we could speak privately, there are all kinds of things you need to know. Whatever you do, do NOT sign any contracts without review from counsel or careful review by you and your family members. Trust me!! It would be a good idea if we talk. FYI a nursing home/rehab facility is aprox. 8700.00 a month, not including therapy. Insurance only pays up to a certain amount, then you are self pay. Medicare does not pay either, after 90 or 120 days, I forgot which it is. If you would like to talk leave me your email and we can exchange numbers that way.

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2013 at 3:15 am

Sawn Kevies mom, I would love to talk with you. We found out today we have to move this week just after being in ICU for 2 weeks today. My email is ahpaige@live.com. Thanks so much

• June 12, 2013 at 6:52 pm

I responded in success story forum. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Eric

• June 12, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I spoke to my wife and if you wish she will contact you. I don’t remember anything that was happening at this point in the process.

Eric

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Eric,that would be great. My email is ahpaige@live.com. We can exchange phone numbers there. Thanks!