leg movement and pain

• June 1, 2008 at 11:28 pm

I was afflicted ith gbs in 1998. was progressing slowly, even walking some with full leg braces. then my right leg would not let me pick it up to move the brace. on 11-11-07 i coul not pull my leg over in bed. have had achining for a year now and cannot lay on my right side very long. have gone to 2 neurologists and pain clinic, nothing new. any ideas on what to do?
      :confusehttp://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif
      :confused:d:

• Anonymous
      June 2, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Have you had any tests or procedures. ? MRI or CAT scan to see if there is anything wrong with you spinal column?
      What are the MD’s saying
      Hope you find an answer soon.

• Anonymous
      June 2, 2008 at 8:32 pm

If you were dx’d with GBS in 1998 then you should NOT be progressively getting worse. GBS stands for Get Better Slowly – not get worse slowly.

I would suggest going to another neuro & having a complete work up done. This should include MRI’s of the spine, neck & brain, an EMG, and a spinal tap.

You may have been misdiagnosed with GBS & it could have been CIDP all along.

Good luck,
      Kelly

• June 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm

I did go to a Neurologist and pain clinic after and including test. there is too much nerve damage for me to walk. they put me on celebrex for the pain in my leg, helps a great deal. thanks for your help
      shirley

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2008 at 1:27 pm

I think I’d find out more about the nerve damage thing.. Is it progressively getting worse or better…. Also, physical/occupational therapy once you have a diagnosis… good luck and keep a positive fighting attitude…deanop…….

• July 4, 2008 at 10:46 pm

my leg is moving again thanks to the celebrex. I do plan on starting physical therapy in the near future.

• July 4, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Great news, I am happy for you!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2008 at 9:15 pm

hi my name is jim. i live in ind and in aug 05 gbs got me. i did,nt have to be on ventalation and didnt have total paralisis. but it got pretty bad and still is only meds im on and can take is perciset 10s. nothing else worked tryed every thing you would have thought i was guenee pig or somthing. only thing that help with pain was those. and i hate la la land all the time. but at lest i can function some with out to much pain. and some times it dont work i just think nerve damage so bad that this is only way unless god heals you/ me. so i just have to deal with. if you dont have ask your doc for them. all other stuff didnt come close for me. so maybe this will let you have some pain free mobility for a little bit. and not take so many other pills is a plus in my book any day.so hope this helps. jim