Judge them by their fruits

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2008 at 12:32 pm

With the election in 3 weeks, I would like to say that my pick for pres., will be who lines up with my morals and ideology. Cant go by spin ,or personality,media spin or what your neighbor is doing ,popularity,colour, age or what they promise. Just by their fruits.
      Ron:) 🙂

• October 16, 2008 at 10:54 am

well said…which is why I am writing someone in. Hmmm…maybe if we each wrote ourselves in that would really get a message across. Afterall, they are supposed to be Of, For and By the people. if they cant do it right, then WE need to take over the jobs.

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2008 at 7:44 pm

I totally agree! Lets do our voting and get some good people in office here! I think Norb would make a good President! Kitt would make a good Vice President! Jan! Secretary of State, Allaug can replace Condaleeza Rice, Ken would make a good Senator… Jim, a Congressman. And the rest of us can become Congress leaders or Senators.

Me! I’ll through my Mayor out of town and take his place! Hey! I think we would all make a good team here! We seem to have more logic and see what is going on. 😀
      We can have a voting contest!

• October 18, 2008 at 11:28 am

I met with a local politician yesterday for a business meeting and once we got to talking he said I should run for a seat somewhere. I had to laugh because I told him I am too sensitive and want to make everything all better and everyone happy. He shook his head and said well ya cant be sensitive, but you can make a difference. I do want to make a difference, and it tans my hide that our gov has lost site of who we are and what our needs are. They are our voice and they arent listening nor do they really and truly care. Unlike the current administration, I do not think the consititution is toilet paper. It is the foundation our country was built on…and it belongs to the legal citizens of the US. I want a government full of people who honestly listen to me, arent in it for the money, and want ot make this a better, safer, peaceful place to live. More small businesses and less corporation corruption. Less freebies and more accountability. Way back when, each of us would have a chance to serve a term and when it was up, we would go back to our jobs and lives and the next person would serve. Real people, real ideas, real voices…and we were represented by our neighbors and families and friends who knew what we needed and what was best for everyone. We can still run…if we have the money, and scratch the right backs, lie thru our teeth, and peldge allegiance to the new world order. Sad state of affairs when we become afraid of our government and our rights are taken away and no one seems to notice or care or do anything about it.
      I’d love to set up a photoshoot with a group of people wearing t shirts with “titles” on them…instead of Joe Plumber or Joe Sixpack…real titles like Mom, waitress, small business owner, etc. and blow it up billboard size and title it “The real faces and ‘names’ of America”. They have forgotten who we are.

*steps off soapbox*

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Fairly odd mother, I love your way with words- not a soapbox, either. I feel the same way as you. I already sent in my vote, I am sorry for that now that I have read what you said-it reminded me what is really true in my country girl heart. Would you be able to make a collage photo that we could send to the next president, with a letter with our views? I am voting you to write the letter. Any seconds? FOM, I would be glad to send a pic and $$ to help incur expenses. Will do whatever I can to help. I just got out of the hospital, but as soon as I feel better, I am sending a copy of your post to my senators. Maybe that’s a start for me. Thank you for posting-that was a shot to get my butt going and do what I can.

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 7:56 pm

I too agree with you both. We have been not listened to for years. I sent my letters in Email to my state governors office and one to DC. Let them feel how I felt about then, Now if it ever gets read is another story! Hugs

• October 18, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Thanks Emma
      I am afraid we are all past the point of anyone hearing us. There is a plan, one that was set in motion long ago, and it is unfolding quickly. I dont want to give up hope though. Sometimes I feel like we are the Who on that flower. Maybe “horton” will hear us and will help. It takes just one voice to be heard, one person to make a difference. There is no reason to give up even when it feels like we should or we want to.

A photo collage would be great. It’d be neat to make it look like one of those images that is made up of smaller images. An american flag made up of everyone wearing their ‘title shirts’? As for me composing the collective voices letter, I am flattered. I wonder if I could do us justice?

I thought about a website with a place to enter our pleas, our thoughts, our needs…our Voices. But, there would be idiots who would post rude comments or worse and ruin the beauty and meaning of it. Somehow we can get through to our Horton without violence and protest.