Jerimy’s Around the World Trip

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Hey Jerimy! I’m thrilled for this opportunity for you ๐Ÿ˜€ So, I decided to sponsor the beginning of your trip. Here is [B]500[/B] [U][B]G[/B][/U]oing [U][B]B[/B][/U]roke, [U][B][B]S[/B][/B][/U]illy! dollars. That should get you to New York City, see a show on Broadway and something to eat. I don’t know where the next person will send you but it will be fun “tripping” with you ~ ha!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Currently the account holds 500 GBS $’s

• July 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm

I am sending Jerimy to Chicago since he missed the syposium. I guess he is going to have to back track, however, Southwest has great non-stops to NY?
      Dawn Kevies mom
      (hope this is how you play the game?????)

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Might as well visit a neighboring country before we send you overseas so Jerimy I am sending you to Melville, Saskatchewan Canada. Not a lot to see but a great friendly place!

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2009 at 11:05 am

Well heck, Jerimy….if you come down and let me treat you to lunch, I’ll give you $1000.00 GBS bucks to help fund your “round the world trip”.

As I’m geographically challenged, you’ll have to choose the next location. ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care,

Tina

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2009 at 10:39 pm

DISNEYWORLD is practically in my back yard, so I’m taking Jerimy to DISNEYWORLD. I love the water rides, but if you want to go on a roller coaster you’ll have to go by yourself. In the evening I’ll take you to Al Capones Dinner Theater.

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Hi Jerimy..naturally you have to come to Ohio and watch a Buckeye’s game with me..It will be the highlight of your trip.

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Jerimy, you’ve really got to see some of the fine sights in my little town in southern Manitoba, Canada. It’s a well-known tourist attraction. Trouble and problems aside, I’d like to take you saskatoon picking (I do that from my medical walker, right next to the walking trails through the woods). Then we’ll have a relaxing time sitting on the bench next to the creek under the shade of a big elm tree, watching the Canada geese and swans, peacocks and other exotic birds near the waterfall, while we pick over our saskatoons. If you want to get away from it all a little more than that, we can go over to the river and fish in relative seclusion to our heart’s content. I’ve got a whole tackle-box full of fish-hooks I picked up along the river’s edge; some real beauties, some artistically-made types (really expensive). There’s nothing like hearing the wind in the willows to rest you–body and soul!

And after we’re well-rested, and get back to my place, I promise to bake you a wild saskatoon pie.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Hey Jerimy, I want to send you to one of my favorite places in the world–northen California. I actually send you the tickets a couple of days ago, but there must have been an electronic earthquake or something, because the post never appeared.

First, you have to go to Muir Woods just north of San Francisco. It is the most peaceful place I have ever been. There is a paved walkway (for anyone with physical challenges) through the costal redwoods. One feels like you are completely out in the woods and it does not even get changed by the paving. There are side trails that people can take that are less populated. I have not been for many years and not since getting this illness, but I have some fabulous pictures taken of trees and light and a deer that came to investigate us. FYI, the roads to this lovely place are very winding and this likely keeps a lot of people not willing to search for special areas away. It is still maybe better for peace to aim for early in the morning or later in the afternoon/early evening when the number of people is reduced.

Then you have to go a little east to the Napa Valley and take a hot air balloon in the dawn’s early light over the valley. There are few things more peaceful than floating in the air in the quiet of the morning with the birds singing. Of course, the occasional burst of flame kind of separates the peace times, but one kind of appreciates the ability to keep up that this causes–at least I was happy and peaceful once I was sure there still was plenty of hot air in the balloon.

After this, one has to go to my last peace spot in this area which is the Japanese Garden in San Francisco in Golder Gate Park. This is man-made beauty, but it is a monument to “just enough” and not too much sensory overload. While there have tea in the teahouse and appreciate the suspension of time that comes with calmness and ceremony.

All this peace will help with the scariness of this illness and maybe help with that one can still “do” to appreciate this beautiful world that we live on despite the fact that our eyes have to be directed toward the ground a lot more now in order not to stumble so much. Listen this has to be a point on your world tour, but even if not, take time to smell the roses.

Peace, WithHope

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2009 at 6:30 pm

And then across half the world to Norway and Oslo and\or my island!

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Jer, this way! Yes, its time to go on the big areoplane back to reality, sorry to say!;) Well not really reality, but you know what I mean. Its time to pack an overnight bag, and join Norb and his gang and me and my gang and hang out at Cedar Point/soak city for a few days of coaster riding!!:D Here’s 500gbs bucks to spend at the park-on fries, arcade games(trying to win your woman a giant stuffed ape) frozen bananas and Beer!!!!
      Now get a move on, Jer!! The line for the Maverick is only an hour wait!!!;) ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2009 at 1:08 pm

[B]Jer, you must experience the New Jersey Seaside, there is nothing like the Atlantic Ocean to pump you up. Here’s another $500.00 GBS dollars so you can have fun on the Boardwalk with all the food, rides, games and other attractions that we love to death In New Jersey. Then we’ll teach you some Jersey talk. LOL You’ll learn that we never say going to the beach, it’s always going down the shore.[/B]

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2009 at 9:30 pm

OK-Jer, We are going to tour our State of Michigan, start with a Tiger game, have some beer and peanuts and hot dogs. Then on for a tour of our Great Lakes. End up in the U.P. and visit the uppers, and see all the beautiful Falls. On our way back down, we’re getting off at the Bridge and hop in our 38′ Hunter and sail over to Mackinaw Island for their brunch and have the best room in the Grand Hotel overnight and begin our journey across the Atlantic to see Allaug on her island in Norway. You steer and I’ll man the sails., shoot for a 38footer we can have a great crew join us and we can sit back and relax and enjoy the beauty of the Atlantic. Don’t know how many GBS dollars we’ll need, but I know we’ll have enough.Take Care Jer.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 6:25 am

Well Jeremy, after you have enjoyed Allaug’s company, you can kiss Emma goodbye and head for Ireland to see Teresa and then on to London to see Deb ๐Ÿ˜€ The “pot” is a little low by now, so I’ll drop in $1,000.00 GBS dollars. Be sure to treat the girls to lunch or dinner and have a blast ๐Ÿ˜‰

(I am so envious of the saskatoon pie you had with DU!)

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Wow you guys, makes me tired just thinking of all that traveling. Guess I will start with my Michigan friends and then head south to Ohio and on to the rest of the country/world. As far as a Buckeyes game in Columbus I would rather gouge out my eyes ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2009 at 9:19 pm

aww jerimy..i would be sitting right beside you so wouldn’t it be worth it. And you could drink lots of beer..lol