introduction

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Hello everyone. Just started posting on here tonite, so I thought I’d better introduce myself. My name is Bud…I’m 59….live in Maryland….and came down with GBS about 2 and a half years ago. My residuals are typical I guess. Foot drop, chronic fatique, and bells palsey. I feel pretty good most of the time, and try to take fairly good care of myself. I live with my girlfriend and two adult children, 5 cats, and one old (19) worn out dog. Guess that makes two of us. lol. Worked for the railroad for 29 years, then took an early retirement thanks to GBS. Anyway, enough about me for now, and I look forward to making lots of new friends on here. So take care, and be well. Bud

• September 14, 2007 at 10:47 pm

I wasn’t aware bells palsey was a residule of gbs. I got bells palsey 20 some years ago and it was cured with steroids. Whereas, with gbs, I got it in 2006.
      Hope your residules all un-reside for you.
      Joe

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2007 at 1:04 am

Hi Bud and welcome to “The Family”. Glad you found us and I look forward to hearing more from you ๐Ÿ™‚

• September 15, 2007 at 7:43 am

Hi and welcome, this is good family around here.

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2007 at 8:45 am

Hi and welcome gyro!

Good to see you posting. Where in Maryland do you live?

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2007 at 8:52 am

Joe,

I think (forgive me if I’m wrong gyro ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ), but Bells palsy is a generic term used to describe the GBS residual of drooping/partially paralyzed face. I know a few patients who have described the residual like that, but it isnt “officially” Bells palsy. One of my first diagnoses was Bells Palsy because of the drooping and later paralyzed face on one side.

• September 15, 2007 at 9:41 pm

Saw your reply to my One year aniversary. Glad to hear you are riding. When I’m on a bike I’m allways smiling. I live in Florida but if your ever down here give a shoult on this board. I’ve got two bikes. A 1997 Valkyrie and a 93 Goldwing. I love to ride and use the bikes as often as I can. No winter here – you have that issue in Maryland.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

John Graham

• Anonymous
      September 16, 2007 at 11:50 am

Hi Bud, Welcome to The Family. Ask as many questions as you might have or just vent if you need to. What railroad did you work for? Take care.

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2007 at 6:38 am

Hi Neighbor! Welcome and I hope to see your posts often. Let me know when the trees start to change color down there! 41 & 43 degrees here over the weekend. Hello to your built in support group. We like to hear from our caregivers too! Or hear about them! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it. You can never have to many friends.:)
      Kit, the leaves haven’t started changing yet, but it won’t be long.
      Cheryl, I worked for Amtrak (don’t hold it against me) LOL, and Penn Central, and Con-Rail.
      Joe, I think ali is right about the face paralisis being referred to generically as ‘bells palsy’.
      John, it’s always good to meet another Honda fan.:D
      So thanks again everbody, take care and be well….See ya on board….Bud

• Anonymous
      September 19, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Bud it’s nice to meet you, welcome to the family and to the forums.

Jerimy

introduction

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 12:26 pm

hi my name is scott sieleman! I went by survivor48 on old forums!,,,hope to see all of you again and the newbies too!

once again anyone can read my story @
      (Link deleted by administration)

if there is anything i can ever do for anyone in nedd just let me know (Link deleted by administration)
      (Link deleted by administration)

thank you very much!
      scott [survivor 48]

is there going to be a chatroom in here soon?:D :confused: ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting your links. I know it will help so many people who read them. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      June 11, 2006 at 11:54 am

Hi there Scott, how you doing?

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2006 at 3:11 pm

HI SMALL ,
      IM DOING OK RIGHT NOW BUT HAVE BEEN UP AND DOWN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!,,,,,SEVERAL TRIPS TO GOSPITAL FOR UG DIAREA ECT…..NOW THEY SAY MY BLOOD PLATELETTES ARE TOO LOW!,,,,,,:confused: DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS ,,PLEASE POST!

THANKS

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2006 at 6:27 pm

Hi, I’m new at this. I had GBS the first time in 1980 and the second in 1990 with a diagnosis of miller fischer variant for both episodes. I have not been afflicted in the last 16 years and hope to stay that way!
      My question is about vaccines. I never get them though I did get a flu shot mid 1990’s and had no ill effects. I will be traveling to Central America in a few months and am concerned about the required vaccines to enter El Salvador.
      Any news about malaria vaccines or any others?
      Thanks!

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2006 at 9:13 pm

hi gw & welcome,

any egg based vaccine has the potential to give you gbs. the odds are lo but they are there. your call. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength