I need your prayers

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 6:06 pm

Today I was told I need a triple bypass on my heart. I am still in a state of total shock. I am scared and have put myself in a shell so God and I can come together.
      I have been haveing problems for over 12 yrs but my doctor said it was from stress. I started to get worse over the past 6 weeks so had a stress test. It was not good. Today I had a cath put in and was told that I was not to lift anything to stay calm. The doctor called the hospital I wanted and got an appointment for me on Monday. The heart doctor is one of the best in the country. A blessing from God.
      I am at the moment tired and wore out and very down. I am starting to see that the answer to my problems has finally been shown to me. A voice says do this and you will feel so much better.
      My choices are as with GBS. do it and get well. I have accepted that I may cross over and not worrying about this crossing. I would like more time on earth as feel I have alot more to do. I will update this monday after seeing the Doctor. Please keep me in all of your prayers as to me you are my framily.
      Your friend Steve

• July 27, 2007 at 10:26 pm

Steve,
      I am so sorry to hear your news. I am glad that you have accepted that you have to do this. Maybe it will help to expediate your recovery and give you more energy. I will keep you in my prayers.

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 11:43 pm

steve, i know that shock of being told so calmly that you need open heart surgery. i was 27 years old when i was told that. although i had a hole in my heart the size of a half dollar i still remember that all i could remember hearing was the doctor telling me this so calmly. i was so fortunate to have very skilled and Christian doctors and i came though with flying colors and all to find out later that i was also about six weeks pregnant at the time. she is my miracle child. any way im sure you will feel much better afterwards. i will pray for your doctors hands to be skilled and experienced. it will have positive effects on things that you probably would never associate with being a heart problem or circulation problem. God is good and will be with you. Keep the faith and be strong. always, barbara

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Oh Steve! What a shock for you! You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.
      [I]’I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul’ Psalm 31:7[/I]

Although …. and im going to say it, I just have to smile at the doctors comment of not picking up heavy things and staying calm…. :rolleyes:
      Hmmmm, well Im not sure I would be able to stay calm having just been given the news I was going to have a triple bypass.

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 10:09 am

Steve–what overwhelming news. You have an amazing attitude. You will get through this, but I can only imagine how hard it must be for you.
      We’re all pulling for you.

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 10:50 am

Steve,

You have my prayers. Even in light of this news, with your attitude and love for God, I know you will be very healthy soon. Please heed your doctor’s instructions on not lifting and staying calm. I understand where you are coming from with no fear of crossing over. Everything is as it should be.

Peace & Love,
      Chrissy

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 4:43 pm

[COLOR=red]Best of health and luck to you Steve![/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 6:45 pm

Thank everyone and trust me your words of support and careing has helped greatley.A friend told me last night that I had a Cardoligist give his report but the one that knows what has to be done will be the heart surgon. I am calmer today and feeling good. I have spells of thinking about something that has not happen. So Monday will go and listen to the Doctor and he may suprise me and say it will not be as bad as I had heard. either way I am ready and would love to let my spirit slip out and be above the doctors watching. I am slowley calming down and my faith brought me through GBS and it and all my friends and love ones will lead me through this Bless all of you for your words and careing. Steve

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 7:04 pm

Steve, sorry about your news but just keep trusting God and he won’t let you down. My prayers are with you.

Joyce

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Steve,
      You will be in my prayers. Several of my friends have had similar surgeries over the past few years. They made it through without any problems.

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 10:43 pm

Hello Steve,
      You will be in my thoughts and prayers that God will wrap you in a blanket of calmness and trust.

FEAR NOT FOR I AM WITH THEE.

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Steve, You are in My Thoughts and Prayers. Don’t Worry, Be Happy! You’ll come through it with Flying Colors and You’ll Feel much Better afterwards.

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 4:28 am

Dear Steve,

Certainly, our best wishes are always with you.

Really! This world and life is very beautiful and I am sure you are going to live & enjoy it as per your will. You will definitely be alright soon.

• July 29, 2007 at 7:14 am

Steve you are in my prayers and I hope you get a bypass real soon, I saw guy´s at the rehab that I was in getting so much better after this surgery so keep up good faith, you will be new guy after this, with lot of power and you will long life after this. Lot of hugs and take [B]GOOD[/B] care of your self

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Steve, I have had many patients under go open heart surgery saving their lives. I have seen this surgery and it is amazing and scary but they have it down to a fine art now. I’m glad to hear your surgeon is the best- experience is a big plus in this kind of surgery. You are in my prayers. Dr. Shawn

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 10:53 pm

Steve,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated and take care of yourself.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2007 at 8:52 pm

I saw my surgon today and I will have 2-3 bi pass’s. It will be done next Wed or Thur and will take 4 hours. should be intresting. He said if I fight to wake up in SICU I will be out of SICU faster as long as everything else is ok. I will fight to wake up and will do it so the tube in my throat can come out. He said I will be in for about 4 days. Thank all of you for your words of strength and love and prayers. What a beautiful family I have (Steve)

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Sounds like you have a great dr. and the procedure has really been refined over the years. Soon you will be feeling much better!!!
      Thinking good thoughts for you — God Bless.

“Cast all your anxiety on Him, for he cares for you.” I Peter 5:7

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2007 at 6:09 pm

Well the day has now been selected It will be the the 8th of Augs about 7 AM. if everything goes right will be coming home on that sunday. I am really fighting stress but doing ok have contacted my Neuroligist and from what I know she is ok with what will be going on. I feel the strength of your prayers and now the table is set and I will go in and turn it over to MY Doctor. He will guide my surgon. at least I will be pampered for a few days. LOL thanks to all of you for your prayers Steve

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Steve,

God only gives us what we can handle. You are very special to have received and be receiving so many important assignments. You have placed your faith in the perfect place, the hands of Creator. CONGRATULATION !

Angel

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2007 at 3:01 pm

Steve, it’s me Katy (Maradyth) that you saw in the hospital. I am so sorry to hear this news! I think you do have a lot to do, like visiting and bringing hope to those with GBS. I got your message the other night, but I lost your card with your number (I am bad about that). Please let me know what hospital you’ll be in and when. I understand if you may not want visitors but if you do I would like to see you, if not, I’ll send something.

I will keep you and you’re family in my prayers!

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Hello everyone.
      Well today I did my pre op physcial and got my X Ray and now have tomorrow to relax and then Wed morning will have my surgery.I am ready as have accepted what needs to be done and made my peace and my God said you are going to be very busy when this is over. He has plans for me and I am looking forward to being a messanger for him.The beauty of all this is I will feel good and not like I have for the past 12 yrs. My Neuroligist said I will be fine with what they will be doing and that I was to let my antithisoligst (spelled wrong) know about my GBS. He said he will be useing me to help people not to fear crossing over. and also to cont to help people with GBS. He will be useing me and all I will be doing is following his wishes.
      All of you are my friends and family and I am feeling your prayers and thoughts. The young woman I saw at the hospital is doing so good. she is determined that she will be well. my prayers go out to all of my friends here for healing and faith that you will recover and you will be well. God brought this form together and he has brought all of us together as a family.I won’t be on for awhile but I will be on in about 3-5 days. may Gods healing blessings be with everyone of my family and I humbley thank everyone that is praying for me.
      Your friend Steve

• August 6, 2007 at 7:33 pm

All of us are praying for you Steve. Surgery is scary, no matter what kind it is, but everything will be fine and your recovery will be quick. You are a strong man with a good soul, and we love ya!!

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2007 at 9:25 pm

Best wishes, Steve. I will say a special prayer for you on Wednesday.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2007 at 1:20 am

Steve, I’m sending Positive Vibes Your way!! You are in my thoughts and Prayers. Big Hugs!!!

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 3:40 pm

Hello everyone.
      Well the end of a journey and now a new one. My surgery went great and got home today. I think 1 more day of that food I would have passed on.I am feeling very weak but it felt so good to take a nap and to wake with one of my cats sleeping on my pillow. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts. I am still weak and will write more in a few days. God bless all of you (Steve)

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 7:16 pm

Steve, Thats good news. Rest is the best medicine. Glad to have you back. Take care.:)

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 8:11 pm

Steve,

Welcome home! Its really good to hear from you, and rather a surprise too. I really didnt expect you online until at least Wednesday or Thursday. Im so glad the operation is over now. Speaking with the husband of a friend of mine last year about his bypass, he said it was the best thing that happened to him. Thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery.

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 11:58 pm

Steve, so glad you made it through it okay. still alot of recovery but you will make it. it is comforting to come home to your feline family. lots of luck, barbara

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2007 at 11:43 am

Welcome home Steve, glad to hear that everything went well. You ontinue to be in my thoughts and prayers. We are here for you.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2007 at 5:50 pm

To all my GBS friends. I am coming into my 3rd week of recovery from my surgery and I am doing really good. I need to get out more and accept that I have new energy. The only side effect I have had was they put the ground pad on my right thigh. I have a numb patch but what is really strange is the pain in my lower back has disappeared. Totally gone. I see my surgon next Thur and hope he will allow mw to drive. I again thank everyone for their prayers and words of love and encourgment. May Gods blessings be with all of you Your friend Steve

• August 24, 2007 at 6:19 pm

What great news! I am glad you are feeling so well and you have the unexpected bonus of your back feeling good!

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2007 at 7:06 pm

Steve,

I have not been on the forums for quite awhile lately, so just read about your surgery. SO glad to hear you did so well and are now recovering. You are blessed and I’m sure will share your blessings with others. Hugs from me and best wishes for continued health.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2007 at 11:08 pm

Glad to hear you are doing so well!