I’m Back from the Hospital….with an Orchid!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 12:57 am

Spent Wednesday to Saturday in hospital. Surgery was a success.

I began to run a fever after surgery, and had a bit of one last night, but I’ve been on anti-biotics and today I’ve been -normal all day.

I won’t go into any details, but I have not been a happy camper, and will have at least a month of recuperation.

I had to test myself, to make sure the most important thing works…..
      so here’s an example that it still does…..
      (Hand-held at 1/45 of a second, f3.5, 70mm.

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1081/824633243_680e092297_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 1:29 am

KEN!!!!!

Let me be the first to welcome you back, and soooo glad to hear that everything went well. We have been reading some pretty scary stuff about former GBS’ers going under general anesthesia. I am now truly doubting that I want to undergo another colonoscopy.
      Anyway, glad you are ok, and what a great photo of the orchid. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Per

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 2:19 am

Welcome back Ken! I’m glad to hear that the surgery went well and that the most important thing is still working.

I checked out your pics on Flickr. They are AMAZING! I love the pics of the lions. They are Emily’s favorite animal. I’m going to save the link & let her look at them in the morning.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 10:44 am

Its good to see you back Ken!:)

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 10:58 am

Glad to see you still have it Ken!!!:D Sorry you had to stay soo long at the Hos-tel:) Hope you recuperate fast and in a more comfortable place.;) Take care.

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 11:52 am

[QUOTE=Perry]KEN!!!!!

Let me be the first to welcome you back, and soooo glad to hear that everything went well. We have been reading some pretty scary stuff about former GBS’ers going under general anesthesia. I am now truly doubting that I want to undergo another colonoscopy.
      Anyway, glad you are ok, and what a great photo of the orchid. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Per[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Per! I’m just happy to have not awoken on a repirator!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 11:54 am

[QUOTE=Emily’s_mom]Welcome back Ken! I’m glad to hear that the surgery went well and that the most important thing is still working.

I checked out your pics on Flickr. They are AMAZING! I love the pics of the lions. They are Emily’s favorite animal. I’m going to save the link & let her look at them in the morning.

Kelly[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Kelly! I hope they put a smile on Emily!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 11:55 am

[QUOTE=ali]Its good to see you back Ken!:)[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Ali!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 11:56 am

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]Glad to see you still have it Ken!!!:D Sorry you had to stay soo long at the Hos-tel:) Hope you recuperate fast and in a more comfortable place.;) Take care.[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Cheryl! I’m feeling better each day, and home is SO much better than a hospital (although ringing for service 24 hours a day is nice….)

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 2:08 pm

So glad you got through o.k. You are such an inspiration and your pictures… well I don’t think there are fair words but thank you so much for sharing them. Stay well in mind, body and spirit and keep that trigger finger healthy!
      Linda

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 4:14 pm

[QUOTE=L Cala]So glad you got through o.k. You are such an inspiration and your pictures… well I don’t think there are fair words but thank you so much for sharing them. Stay well in mind, body and spirit and keep that trigger finger healthy!
      Linda[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Linda! I’m glad that my photos can provide some entertainment.

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 7:58 pm

Glad you are home!!! Love your pictures — so glad to know you are still “shooting”.

Wishing you a speedy recovery…

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 8:19 pm

I seems you are feeling better Ken. It sure does show by that picture. There is no place like home. I was in the hospital in October 2005 during the Canadian Thanksgiving. Wasn’t fun.

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Ken,
      Good to see you back. Hopefully you be back to taking “action” shots shortly. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 12:46 am

[QUOTE=Iowagal]Glad you are home!!! Love your pictures — so glad to know you are still “shooting”.

Wishing you a speedy recovery…[/QUOTE]
      Thank you! I’m already feeling pretty good…..in pain, but we can’t have it all!

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 12:46 am

[QUOTE=suewatters1]I seems you are feeling better Ken. It sure does show by that picture. There is no place like home. I was in the hospital in October 2005 during the Canadian Thanksgiving. Wasn’t fun.

Sue[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Sue!

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 12:47 am

[QUOTE=Jim C]Ken,
      Good to see you back. Hopefully you be back to taking “action” shots shortly. :)[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Jim! “Action” shots will just have to wait…..;)

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 3:59 am

Hey Ken, wishing you all the best.

Jerimy

• July 17, 2007 at 11:21 am

Hi Ken,

Glad you are doing well! Now you will have tons of time while you are getting better to think of new assignments. Have a great day!

Dawn Kevies mom ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 12:52 pm

[QUOTE=Jerimy]Hey Ken, wishing you all the best.

Jerimy[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Jeremy!

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 12:52 pm

[QUOTE=Dawn Kevies mom]Hi Ken,

Glad you are doing well! Now you will have tons of time while you are getting better to think of new assignments. Have a great day!

Dawn Kevies mom :o[/QUOTE]
      Thank you!