I found Emily!

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2010 at 12:43 am

Thank you so much for getting me in contact with Emily! Her situation is eerily like my sister, Sandy. Down to the fact that they both have had celiac disease since they were young. We talked for a long time on the phone and I think she may be in for a trip to Chicago in the next few weeks to visit!

Sandy had a bad day today and I think hearing that we found someone who understands her helped to boost her strength a little.
      Jen

• January 22, 2010 at 10:43 am

Where are you guys in Chicago? We are 20 minutes from Chicago. PM me if you like. I sent you an e-mail w/my phone number.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2010 at 11:18 am

I am so glad you got a hold of Emily. Has your sister been getting any better with the cytoxan treatments? I have been praying for her. I am hoping she starts to see some improvements very soon. call me if you want to chat. I sent you my number in my last pm

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm

One cytoxan treatment. She continues to move her jaw back and forth quite a bit, up and down a little. he head goes side to side quite a bit and up and down a little. Yesterday she blinked that she was moving her shoulder. Dad said, “no”. She blinked yes. So he put his hand behind her shoulder and felt the muscle contracting! Good stuff!

Emily is coming to chicago next weekend!:)

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Where does Emily live? That is great that she is coming. It will mean a lot to your sister to see someone who has been in her shoes and Sandy will see how far Emily has come. It will give her hope. It will give your family hope. I am so happy for all of you that you will be able to visit with Emily and hear her story and be able to ask her questions.
      Plz keep us updated on her progress.

Rhonda

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2010 at 11:19 am

I am so glad that you were able to get in touch with Emily. We both underwent the same cytoxan protocol, but because of her age I felt that she & your sister were more alike, & also the fact that she was able to make essentially a full recovery. How wonderful that she is coming to Chicago to see you, I always wanted to meet her. I have pictures & she is such a lovely girl. BTW Emily lives in St. Louis, MO.