I doubt it but could this be very mild GBS?

• September 5, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Wondering if anyone has some insight here…

Age 31, Male

Had a confirmed case of campylobacter with diahrrhea and fever in late July of this year. Later turned into constipation. Azithromycin was given 7 days into the illness.

Many symptoms have remained: Irritable bowel / constipation, migraines or light-headedness with occasional blurred vision (both happen more often when walking around), chest discomfort with two days of rapid heart rate between 100-120 bpm that make me feel off the rest of the day, increased anxiety. Lately have had some minor odd muscle twitches in legs, glutes, arms, sides of right foot. Warm feeling in one leg/knee.

My reflexes are good, according to neurologist.

Doctors have done blood work and scans and basic tests and all is showing up okay. MRI and EEG and CT of head, heart monitor and echocardiogram and ekg for heart, CT for abdomen. Any thoughts on what may be going on, particularly neurologically? Does very mild GPS exist?

• GH
      September 5, 2018 at 11:14 pm

I wouldn’t try to diagnose it, but GBS can vary from mild to severe.

• September 6, 2018 at 6:46 am

Or a variant like Miller Fisher…

• September 8, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Could be Lyme Disease. This is what I have. Misdiagnosed, and now has turned into autoimmune CIDP. Best to get tested by IGENEX, the Lyme specialty lab in CA. Go to igenex.com.