• July 23, 2007 at 8:28 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2007 at 9:14 pm

Great news Dawn I am glad for you both.

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2007 at 10:00 pm

I am so happy for both of you !!!! Kevie must feel soooooo cool that he is able to do all the things like other kids.

He’s lucky to have such a great mom looking out for him. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Stacey

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2007 at 10:05 pm

I can just picture your face while you are sitting there watching Kevie play, Dawn! I’m really happy for All of You.
      In answer to your questions, in my many paralysis events, all have come on somewhat differently. Some were fast, some were slow and yet some were slower. There really is no rule for a relapse. Its like the rest of this nightmarish stuff, it might change from one time to another or it might not ever happen again, its always different in different people.
      Don’t think about it, don’t worry about it, if its going to happen, it will happen no matter what. Live your life like you want and sit back and enjoy Kevie to the MAX!!!:) HUGS!!!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 1:54 am

Dawn, that’s what we love to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 5:49 am

When you are feeling so low and you wonder if it will ever be over, it is so hard to picture a time when things will be normal again. It is so wonderful to hear kevie is doing what all his mates are doing … maybe the positive side of GBS is we learn not to take the little things for granted anymore and get immense joy from things we wouldnt have thought twice about before.

I hope everyone who is still on the road to recovery is picturing kevie out there playing and take heart from that. He is such an inspiration!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 10:56 am

That is such wonderful news. It must seem so surreal after all those months of wondering. I am so happy for Kevie and you and your family. Enjoy all the good times of him just being a happy, healthy boy!
      Jenn

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Hi Dawn!

I’m so happy Kevin’s been able to enjoy his summer! I would watch out for sudden fatigue first and foremost, but you’ll know it when you see it because he’ll just fall asleep for longer than usual. Since I’ve been on a rollercoaster with Ben this summer, the best advice I’d like to give you is to try to relax while you can and just let the kid play. I know it’s easier said than done because I’m still trying to convince myself to take the restraints off Ben, but you’ve got to. Last month Ben had an EMG/NCV from UIC, and the doctor there told us that Ben’s nerves are growing back wrong, but physical activity won’t do any further damage to them, at least in Ben’s particular case. That made me feel much better, and I haven’t been the nag this month that I was last month! By the way, if you want a really good doctor who specializes in GBS, Ben and I went to see Dr. Meriggioli at UIC and were really impressed.

Have a great weekend!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Hi Dawn,

This is just about the greatest news about Kevin. I can imagine how you are feeling watching him in his accomplishments. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2007 at 11:08 pm

Dawn,
      Just read your post. Yes, miracles do happen. I hope and pray that things will continue to improve

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Very happy to read things are going so well for you Dawn. I admire your strength, you are a wonderful mother! Live in the moment, you will know if he’s not having such a good day.