Home from vacation, new symptom

    • Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm

      Can I really be back already ?

      We had a great time. Our hotel was right on the beach and was beautiful.
      We went to dinner at Senor Frogs, Dick’s last Resort and another steak house. It was so nice being alone together…felt like something was missing but boy did we enjoy the peace. I got a mighty good tan goin on.

      I didnt get into the ocean waves bc I was afraid that my legs wouldnt be strong enough. We did take several strolls along the beach tho.
      It was heaven.
      Connor went fishing with my sister and her hubby to a private pond and caught ten fish. He was thrilled ! Big bass fish…I’ll have to post a picture.
      I felt guilty when we got home but refreshed none the least.

      I miss my husband already. ๐Ÿ™

      Last evening I had my IVIG. I felt rushed with it this time…I was busy with Connor the whole time and they didnt like that much. I had some mail to get thru and just busy doing this and that. They only took my temp once and didnt take it at all the last time. My nurse is training a new one so I didnt say anything. I dont want to get anyone in trouble. Finally told me to sit down and by then it was time to take it out. It took two hours for two bottles…isnt that a bit fast ?
      I’m real tired of this every two week business….very interrupting and getting old fast. They talk too much and I cant sleep anyway so if I cant sleep then I’m gonna go about doing what I do. If I wanted to sit for three hours, I’d go to the hospital for treatment. I’d love to sit at home but like I say…I dont get any “quiet” so why bother. Even when it’s just the nurse and or nurses and myself…very rarely can I get a nap in with all the talking.

      Anyway…today I am noticing something and I dont know what it is. I’d tell more about my vacation but anxious to get to this.

      In my left foot…which would be the first foot affected, I’m having a buzzing feeling. It doesnt hurt and it’s not constant. Never had it before….
      what is it ? Is it good or bad ? I pray someone out there knows. It’s almost like setting a vibrator on my toes…not sure it’s the toes b/c I cant quite tell where it is.

      After the IVIG, I had to get some plants in the ground…this is what came in the mail…so I was outside till almost 9p then came in and got showered and to bed. It could be a result of over doing but I dont know b/c I’ve never had it before. I noticed earlier in my groin area…at least I thought it was there..I checked my pocket for my cell phone tho b/c I thought that’s what it was.
      It’s remained in my foot all day now…happens about every hour and lasts less than maybe 5 seconds.

      I may call the dr b/c I’m very close to calling and changing this ivig again. I notice NO difference…so why not go ev three weeks and see..or four. I doubt he’ll do three weeks but, we’ll see.

      I’m at work and getting ready to head out. Ball game tonite….
      I’m TIRED and I just got back. yikes !

      well wishes,

    • Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 5:09 pm

      Stacey for me when I find I overdo things then I get the vibrations in both my feet sometimes my legs. It happens often enough but not everyday.

      That is my experience on this.

      Get your rest you will need it for the ball game.


    • Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 8:58 pm

      Stacey, I get those types of feelings when I do too much. I swear my cell vibrates alot-even when no one calls me;) Its kind of a joke between my daughter and myself when I keep checking my phone, knowing its not set on vibrate!:D My buzzing nerves usually die down after a few days of good resting time.

      The way I see it, its a good thing that you have the buzzing-at least you are feeling something-its better then not feeling things and over doing it way too much and ending up in the hospital. Now its up to you to listen to your body and either slow down the pace of your life, or speak to your dr to see what is exactly going on and deal with it that way.

      Glad you and hubby had a relaxing vacation:) It sounds really nice soo far.
      So tell me Hun……..I’m curious…..did you use your cane??:)

    • Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 11:36 pm

      Hi Stacey,
      My husband who has CIDP gets the buzzing in his one foot when he seems to overdo it. And I think he has had it just before he is due his IVIG.

    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 8:25 am

      I get that vibrating buzzing stuff too! Always at night or early morning. Probably overdid it while on vacation! But glad you had a really good time! Stacey! You should have come home and rested that day from the trip. Your already at home now and starting to overpush again! Shame shame shame! ๐Ÿ˜€ Hugs
      Linda H

    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 8:54 am

      Hey you guys, that’s not what I wanted hear, ya know! I told my hubby about it last night after we got home from baseball. I was barely able to walk around the house and ready to collapse from exhuastion. I knew in my heart that it was probably over-doing. I’d never had that before…or at least, never remember it.

      I am so tired today and I have big puff balls under my eyes. I have to leave work this morning to take Connor to a dr appt. He’s going to an pediatric ortho b/c he’s not running like he should and still trips way too much. He doesnt walk heel to toe. I pray it’s nothing major to correct.

      That buzzing vibration is a very weird feeling. I had it under my toes on one foot and in my groin area on the left…both same sides. It’s not so much today…

      I DID use my cane on vacation….the entire time…to the beach and everywhere we went. I had to have it just to get to the bathroom in the morning and that was a first but I think it was just b/c of being extra worn out from all that we did. Worth it tho.

      Tonite I have nothing to do but plant three more plants and then hit the couch for the night…my house is a mess but I’m to the point that I’m so tired, I just dont care.

      have a great day everyone.


    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 12:32 pm

      Sorry Stacey, didn’t mean to be a downer;) but didn’t want to sugar coat things either. At least you and hubby had a good time with each other and thats important.
      Proud of Ya Girl!!!!:D Keep it (you) up!!!!!!!!!!:D ๐Ÿ˜‰ soon you’ll be using it at work too.
      Have a Great Weekend!!! Rest!!

    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 3:48 pm

      Stacey!!!! Here you are exhausted and your going to go and plant 3 plants outside! I say when you get home you just sit down with Conner and turn the TV on and rest! Let the plants wait another day! You need to rest~
      I am glad you had a great time but now you need to rest~ Hugs:D
      Linda H

    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 7:01 pm

      Talk about our feet vibrating well mines is really vibrating now both of them I would think that the sole of my feet are touching a vibrator. It’s annoying. I find when I get tired even if I didn’t do to much that day it happens. Today i went to Ottawa which was 90 minutes up and 90 minutes back. So I was 3 hours on the road. I saw my Psychiatrist today he is good I just got him in March and saw him 7 times already.
      Some times putting my feet up I don’t feel the vibration so much I think that is what I will do.
      Also the ringing in my ears is louder right now. So it makes sense that the two are related to my CIDP


    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 8:36 pm


      Mine is more a humming instead of buzzing. Kind of like when you get zapped by the 110 current in the house, only 50 times lighter. Just kind of a little electrical hum going through the feet and calves.

      It gets worse when I over-stress. If I do too much for a long period of time, it gets worse. For me, the best answer has been two days rest and sleep. One day to get back normal and another to get ready for life ahead.

      Maybe an extra hour a day in bed?? Eat out one day instead of cooking a dinner?, better yet, let someone else bring one in.

      That might be my guess, because my legs are like that too, and my son just graduated HS, my oldest son just graduated college and moved back home which required a renovation in the basement, and. oh by the way, my parents came to visit for the graduation and they had not seen the house for two years, and us for 6 months. OOPS, I forgot that my dog also almost died from Parvo-virus last week and we had to treat the whole yard, besides the vet trips and bills.

      It has been really hectic. I slept 6 hours late this morning and this afternoon. I will be hitting the sack as soon as possible tonight. This recovery may take several days or a week for me.

      You know I always hope the best for you. Good luck
      Dick S

    • Anonymous
      June 11, 2009 at 9:50 pm

      Humming is a good way to describe it b/c it’s like a hum on the inside. Hum, vibrate…a combination maybe ?
      It’s picked up again this evening and now the same foot feels like there is something sharp inside every time I step down. That I know is a sign to rest b/c I have no choice. It hurts too bad to walk much…tho, it’s the worst when barefoot or just socks on. This is a common pain I get. Like walking on broken glass on the inside of my foot.

      Dick, I hope your dog is ok. Congrats on your sons college graduation !

      I dont mean to make things sound so hectic. I read what I’d posted and I do have alot going on…I’m just a busy girl that cant stand to put things off.
      I like things to be tidy at home…and now the house is just too big to keep everything dusted and vaccuumed and I think it might drive me nuts. :rolleyes: I wouldnt change it tho. Not yet anyway.

      I’m glad I’m not the only busy person. It’s just life and I’m trying to live it and be all that I can. I know in my heart that if I dont listen to these internal signs and symptoms better, I could be in trouble later. It’s just hard for me….very hard. But, I’m getting there…or I will get there.

      I got the plants in …I’ve planted 33 plants this year. It’s my first time doing all this and I’d started as a tribute to my Mom. I realize now that it IS enjoying to do and can be peaceful and rewarding. It’s a few minutes to my own thoughts. I understand now why my Mom was so in to her yard.

      I have been using the cane every day at work ….every where I go, even just down the hall since I fell last. I cant chance it again. My right knee is swollen and sore…next time, it could be real bad. I’ll never forget how humiliated I felt in that quicky mart. I was feeling so good about myself…way over confident…and bam…it was all taken away in a split second. I WONT let that happen to me at work….at least I’ll try. But, if I dont have the cane at work, it’s inevitable. Thanks Cheryl and everyone else for helping me adjust to this huge change in me. And, I’ll tell you. Everyone and their brother asks “what’s with the cane'”, ” how’s the foot”, “what happened to you”…
      I first told a few that it was a motor cross accident. By the end of the day, I was telling them it was a mud wrestling accident. That makes everyone laugh and takes the attention away from the question. I love it. :p

      Connor’s dr appt didnt go so well. He has tight heel cords and walks on his toes. They are sending him to PT for 4-6 weeks and if that doesnt work, he’ll be in AFO’s and then if not better, surgery. I immediately teared up and all I could think was that my baby would end up like me. That he’ll be teased and all that bad stuff going thru my head. I didnt let him see me upset. I’ve GOT to stay positive about this one and do our best to make this physical therapy work. Please help us pray that PT is all it will take.
      I’m a mess about this but I cant, for this one time, think the worst. I have to be positive for my little man.

      I’m headed to bed…I’ll actually get there before 9p tonite and tomorrow is Friday…YEAH !
      Have a great weekend everyone and stay well.

    • Anonymous
      June 12, 2009 at 8:58 am

      Hi Stacie! It is fun planting things and watching them grow. I have a container garden in my back yard. Small one though! Just enough to enjoy in the summer months. And it is very relaxing I admit to that!
      I have been sitting up late at night watching the Chiller Channel with that series they call Invasion! Actually been pretty interesting but ends every night at 12.

      Oh! Still have not heard anything from Social Services about my niece and her children. Wonder what is taking them so long? You would think reporting something like this to them they would be on top of it because of the children’s wefare. But I have not heard a thing since I reported it!
      Hope you have a great weekend also! Hugs