Hi,new here, wanted to introduce myself!!!

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2007 at 6:01 pm

Hello All:

My name is Melody and my husband has been diagnosed with CIDP.
      I usually post on another neuopathy message board but because my husband is now getting IVIG, I figured I’d come over here and share his story.

I just copied and pasted one of my postings from the other boards. It’s simple and gives a detailed history of what he’s been through.

18 years ago he was diagnosed with Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy.
      Here’s my latest posting on those boards:

———————————————————————–
      For those of you who don’t know what Alan has ultimately been diagnosed with (in order to be eligible for IVIG), his diagnosis is CIDP or Chronic Inflammatory Demylinating Polyneuropathy.

Alan’s mom had Guillian Barre Syndrome when she was 45 years old. She died at 53 years old.

We have told every single doctor that Alan has seen about his mom having GB. Every single one of them said “oh, it’s not related, blah blah blah”.

By the way, Alan had some sort of Epstein Barre or Mono thing that put him in the hospital at the age of 32. It was never really revealed what he had, they just put down “fever of unknown origin”.

So fast forward him to age 45 when he gets the pins and needles stuff and was diagnosed all these years as Idiopathic Neuropathy.

Dr. Goldfarb ordered the Spinal Tap, found an elevated protein and got him the IVIG.

Now his Primary Care guy is Dr. Fred (who has so many patients, he doesn’t really remember all the background info on them). He sees Alan once a month, sometimes once every two months, gets him his samples of plavix and often sees him at the gym.

Today, Alan just came home and said “I just met up with Dr. Fred at the gym and I have some interesting stuff to tell you”.

Dr. Fred said to Alan “tell me again, exactly why you are getting the IVIG, Alan?” And Alan goes, “Well, they found elevated protein my spinal fluid”. And Dr. Fred said “oh, wow, elevated protein is an indicator of Guillian Barre”. and Alan said “My mother had GB when she was 45 and I got the neuropathy when I was 45”. Dr. Fred said “Whoa”.

So I just googled up Guillian Barre and guess what it’s a relative of???????

take a look……………………………………

Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradicalneuropathy (CIDP), is considered to be a related form of Guillain-Barre syndrome. It is much less common than GBS, and evolves much more slowly and usually is longer lasting. Some CIDP patients experience periods of worsening and improvement, and individual relapses are often confused with GBS.
      ————————————————————————

So, Alan has had the first 5 rounds of Gammaglobulin in the Hospital and TODAY, he began the first of his home infusions. The male nurse was a doll and will be coming back tomorrow morning to give my husband his second infusion. It’s covered under his insurance so thank goodness for that!!!!

When he had the first five rounds (about 5 weeks ago), it knocked him out but he believes there was improvement in his neuropathy. And compared to 3 years ago when he was on the fentanyl pain patch and lidoderm patches on his toes, well, he’s doing much better. He had gone to a chiropractic/neurologist and the adjustments allowed him to get off the fentanyl.

He has also tried acupuncuture, during the 9/11 happenings. He was into acupuncture for about 5 months when 9/11 happened. We live in Brooklyn, NY so we saw the whole thing.

The first time Alan had acupuncture, he got off the table, jogged to his car and did a dance in the streets, he felt THAT GOOD!!!

But sadly, it did not last. So he tried neurontin (allergic to it), celebrex (wound up in the hospital for 11 days), he was given it for his arthritis, NEVER AGAIN. Tried elavil (made him itchy). vicodin, for breakthrough pain, and ultimately the fentanyl and lidoderm patches. The fentanyl did a lot for the pain but the side effects (constipation) were horrendous.

But now we shall begin the journey of IVIG.

So just wanted to stop by and say Hi!!!

Melody

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2007 at 6:13 pm

Welcome to the forums Melody.

I’m hoping that the IVIG will help Alan. I am so sorry to hear that your MIL passed away. GBS/CIDP does seem to run in some families. We have a member here named Lee who’s daughter and Aunt and himself all developed GBS. We have had other members who don’t post anymore where CIDP ran in their families too. We don’t know why certain families have a higher incidence of GBS/CIDP. Wish that I knew why.

My husband had GBS/CIDP, I was his caregiver for the last 6 years of his life with GBS/CIDP. He passed away on 12-25-05 from a heart attack at age 58 which I believe was the after affects of GBS/CIDP. But the Drs say no, I say yes.
      He never got better, just steadily worse over the 6 years.

But on the other hand we do have members who have acheived so very much and alot go back to work, others don’t.

My wish for Alan is that IVIG does him wonders as it has for others.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2007 at 8:18 pm

Hi there. What a cool Avatar you have.

I don’t understand at all why the doctors say “no, you can’t inherit GBS, it has nothing to do with his mom having it. Can’t happen, blah blah,

What is going on with these doctors?? I mean, absolutely every single one of them said the same thing. And some of them were neurologists.

Boggles the mind.

I am so sorry about your husband. Please accept my sincere condolences.

melody

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2007 at 9:12 pm

Hi MelodyL – Welcome! I’ve had remarkable results from IVIG for my CIDP. I’ve had 18 infusions since being dx in October 2006 and hope they continue to work so well. Interesting that you mentioned your husband’s mono. I was thinking the other day that I had mono in 1974, and wondered if this has anything to do with CIDP? I keep reading this site and trying to find a common denominator with everyone – because the docs sure can’t find one!!! Hang in there and keep us posted. Good luck and good health!

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Wishing you more pain free days.

Take care,
      Melody

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2007 at 2:37 pm

Hi Melody,

The reasons the Drs say you can’t inherit it is because it isn’t the norm for several family members to have the same illness when it comes to GBS/CIDP.

But we do see it here occassionally. The other thing is most Drs have never seen a case of GBS/CIDP in their careers, nor have the nurses, it is only touched upon in their medical books. That’s why they are so baffled and don’t know how to treat it.

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2007 at 3:42 pm

I, too, had mono in 74. Diagnosed with GBS in Oct. 2004. When I came in with the early symptoms I was first checked out for MS since my sister was diagnosed with MS many years before. We’ve discussed it before in this forum that genetic tendencies seem to be a connector for some of these autoimmune diseases.
      Brandy had it right, so many of the Dr.s have never seen GBS/CIDP. They would be better off to send the patient on then to refuse to admit they don’t know enough about it.
      Welcome aboard…we hope we will continue to hear from you.
      Hope your husband finds relief with the IVIG.

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2007 at 4:38 pm

We don’t have GBS/CIDP in the family but we do have autoimmune diseases coming out of the woodwork.

My brother has diabetis, mother has RA, nephew has autism which they are now saying is autoimmune and our 2 year old has CIDP. Also, I’ve read that autoimmunes are passed down from the mother’s side.

My mother and her sister are both in the RA study and their mother had some kind of arthritis, probably RA but she always went to quack doctors so we’ll never know what she had.

My sister, each of her 3 children and husband all have had mono.

Welcome to the boards, it such a nice place for friends and lots of information.
      Lori

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Welcome Melody, glad to hear that the IVIG seems to be working.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2007 at 7:59 pm

Well, Alan’s mom had GBS, Alan most likely has CIDP, and my son has Aspergers Syndrome.

I wonder how many of us are parents to kids with either Austism or Aspergers.

I’d love to hear from you.

Melody

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Wow! I also had mono in 1974. How weird is that?? GBS in 2006. Makes me wonder if there is some connection….

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 9:33 am

My maternal uncle died 15 yrs ago from something that was never diagnosed… but he spent his last few months in bed with excruciating leg and arm pain, so I’ve been wondering ever since I was diagnosed…

Meanwhile, I never thought about it before, but I have two nephews with Alzheimers.

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 10:19 am

Wow, we certainly have interesting family connections now don’t we??

But I’m really really interested in anyone who has a family connection to anyone with either Autism or Aspergers syndrome.
      I actually have my own forum “Parents of Young Adults with Aspergers”.

I did this because my son who is 25 is lost to us, living in another state, being diagnosed with aspergers (he is also a compuslive gambler), and is on SSI. He has never held a job. We never saw this coming. He wet to college, is very very smart but never worked. His is not sociable whatsoever and changed radically after he moved away.

Since no one actually knows what autism is all about (and some say it’s auto-immune), I am trying to see if there is any connection to this syndrome if the family has anyone with GBS or CIDP in it.

I’ll probably never find out. Most of the kids with AS (they’re usually boys), are mistakenly diagnosed with ADD as youngsters and given ritalin. They have super meltdowns and are put in Special Ed due to behavior problems. They are ultimately diagnosed with Oppositional Defiance disorder and some, like my son, grow up, go to high school, go to college on full scholarships, THEN CRASH AND BURN because they can’t cope after that.

Anybody know anyone like that in your family??? I’m not trying to pry, I’m just a mom, trying to find answers to why my son turned out the way he did.

Since it’s no coincidence any more that Alan has CIDP, and his mother had Guillain Barre, and his sister has pain, tingling between 3 of her toes (exactly like my husband ), but in her case she had Morton’s neuroma.

Lots of stuff going on in his side of the family and I’m just trying to do a “what if there is a connection in the autoimmune thing going on here”

So if any of you who have been diagnosed with GBS, or CIDP, and someone in your family had the symptoms of Aspergers or autism, well, I’d be very interested to hear about it.

We just might stumble across something here!!!!

Thanks guys!!!1
      melody

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Hi and Welcome,

I have been recieveing IVIG 1x a week for the past 10 months and combined with Imuran ( an immunosupressant) It has done wonders for me. I have come from a wheel chair to being able to walk over 1 1/2 miles at a time. I hope it has the same effect for your husband as it has had for me.

Emily

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Now isn’t that good news!!!!

I do hope we get the same results.

Take care,

Melody

• April 12, 2007 at 7:53 am

Welcome Melody! I’m a little slow but my intentions are good,lol.

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Well, today was a most interesting day. My husband went to the neurologist. I again referred to his mom having GBS and the neuro said “it’s not related”. I just looked at her and said “I beg your pardon, but you said my husband has CIDP and that is most definitely related to GBS. and she said :

“well, we’re not really sure what your husband has, he had protein in his spinal fluid and that means auto-immune, so we are thinking along the lines o CIDP, but it might be a variant of it. more talk, more talk and then she says:

“I want you to see a physiatrist. Never heard that word in my life.

So we go to the second floor of Methodist Hospital to make an appointment. She had an opening TODAY. So we went at 3 p.m.

I learned more today from that psyiatrist than I ever learned in 18 years looking for a cause to Alan’s neuropathy. She tested him this way, that way, made him walk on the balls of his feet, on the heels (he can’t balance and I never knew that). She tested his sensory stuff.

She came to the conclusion that his problems have absolutely nothing to do with his back. She said he has Sensory polyneuropathy and I said “we know this but why, is it because his mom had Guillan Barre Syndrome?” and she goes “how do you know for a fact that his mom had this”. and I had to admit that his sister even questioned that diagnosis over 40 years ago.

So we are back to square one. They are not sure if he as CIDP, a variant of it, or whatever it is THAT HE DOES HAVE!!!

She did say “I’d be very interested to know if any of his relatives have ever used a brace?????”

We don’t know but believe me we are going to find out!!!!

Will update!!!

melody

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Hi Melody,

I think it’s a little bizarre that the pysiatrist asked if any family members ever used a brace. What does that have to do with any diagnosis? Nothing in my opinion.

Have you ever thought of seeing a different neurologist for another opinion?

I am wondering if Alan’s Mom ever had the flu vaccine, common trigger for GBS/CIDP. How about Alan, has he ever had a flu vaccine?

Hope you get some answers really soon.

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 1:51 am

[QUOTE=MelodyL]Wow, we certainly have interesting family connections now don’t we??

But I’m really really interested in anyone who has a family connection to anyone with either Autism or Aspergers syndrome.
      I actually have my own forum “Parents of Young Adults with Aspergers”.

I did this because my son who is 25 is lost to us, living in another state, being diagnosed with aspergers (he is also a compuslive gambler), and is on SSI. He has never held a job. We never saw this coming. He wet to college, is very very smart but never worked. His is not sociable whatsoever and changed radically after he moved away.

Since no one actually knows what autism is all about (and some say it’s auto-immune), I am trying to see if there is any connection to this syndrome if the family has anyone with GBS or CIDP in it.

I’ll probably never find out. Most of the kids with AS (they’re usually boys), are mistakenly diagnosed with ADD as youngsters and given ritalin. They have super meltdowns and are put in Special Ed due to behavior problems. They are ultimately diagnosed with Oppositional Defiance disorder and some, like my son, grow up, go to high school, go to college on full scholarships, THEN CRASH AND BURN because they can’t cope after that.

Anybody know anyone like that in your family??? I’m not trying to pry, I’m just a mom, trying to find answers to why my son turned out the way he did.

Since it’s no coincidence any more that Alan has CIDP, and his mother had Guillain Barre, and his sister has pain, tingling between 3 of her toes (exactly like my husband ), but in her case she had Morton’s neuroma.

Lots of stuff going on in his side of the family and I’m just trying to do a “what if there is a connection in the autoimmune thing going on here”

So if any of you who have been diagnosed with GBS, or CIDP, and someone in your family had the symptoms of Aspergers or autism, well, I’d be very interested to hear about it.

We just might stumble across something here!!!!

Thanks guys!!!1
      melody[/QUOTE]
      Hi Melody,
      My son has Cidp.
      A friend of mine, her son has Aspergers. How you were describing your son when he was young is exactly how he behaves. Now no one in her family has cidp, but her mom has diabetic neuropathy, she has had mono, her daughter has major allergies, exema, she also has shaking in her hands, not parkinsons, but has petikia (sp) on hands and feet. not sure if this helps
      Robin

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 10:23 am

Hi Melody, my son has had the ODD dx. he is 8 and has had many problems in those 8 yrs. 3 days after he was born he had to have a lp, he had a fever of unknown origin, later we were only told he might have a viral syndrome. he is totally opposite of his sister(13). jojo has night terrors and has had them since he was about 3 mos old. has had the tubes, adnoids, tonsil surg-still has sleep apnea and snoring, just not as bad, still has an occassional ear, double ear and outer ear infection-no matter how we care for his ears. is a headbangger-on wood, cement, me and other people-was really bad as a toddler, then slowed until recently. has bad unconsolable outbursts. and the list goes on. he has been seen and followed by ear nose and throat drs, pulm drs, gastro drs, neuros and of course his pcp. we had him on 25 mg stratterra until i made the decision to discontinue all meds due to the box warnings-they weren’t making his life any better. he is a great kid, very bright, artistic, musically inclined, very social. we have had him tested for everything the neuro could think of including autism, his neuro came to the conclusion of lets give him this med and wait and see how he reacts–that was a few yrs ago and he is just now growing and filling out alittle since i took him off the meds. i could go on and on about his developemental delays(which is what the neuro is calling all his problems now) but i can’t type much more.
      as for history, mine is extensive for auto immune diseases and neuro problems, both in myself and in family members. during my preg with jojo i was on thorazine until i had a severe neurological reaction to it, and as with my 1st preg i was in and out of the hospital with hyperemesis the whole 10 months(he was 1 month late, until my dr finally induced labor with an experimental drug) and i was also on other meds both otc and prescribed during that time, not sure of all i was on at this moment, all under the advice of my ob/gyn. i keep asking his neuro if my history of illnesses have anything to do with his problems, and i’m always told i don’t know for sure-might and might not. so i just go with my feelings and say probably. my daughter is having alot of joint pains, swollen joints and so forth but nothing that is cause for alarm as our pcp says-might just be growing pains. gee i was told that about my same complaints when i was her age. thank goodness i have been blessed with strong kids.

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Wow so many people with auto-immune and we all have kids with behavior problems. The only different is that your kid is very sociable and the criteria for Aspegers is THEY DON’T SOCIALIZE AND BECOME MORE AND MORE ISOLATED AS THEY GROW UP.

That’s my son to a t.

Now about Alan going to another neurologist. This is his 5th since his diagnosis all those years ago and she’s the one who got him the IVIG. Even though they are not sure about the CIDP.

The physiatrist is the one who wants to know if anyone in Alan’s family wore brace. I believe she is trying to find out if his mom ACTUALLY HAD GBS or maybe it was something else. I have no idea but I’m going to find out.

About the AS thing. One in 150 kids are being diagnosed with some form of autism. The math is as follows 0.067 of males born in the US have Aspergers. It’s a frightening number. I just read an article about it.

People have no clue why, it’s more boys than girls and to me, it’s the most devastating thing to hit our family. My son was brilliant, computer whiz, non-social, (adored me as his mom when he was younger), then as he grew into a teenager,completely changed (to the point that his father had to call the police one day). You have absolutely no idea what happens to a family when they get this diagnosis.

Sometimes it comes out of the blue. Sometimes you have clues. No two kids are the same.

bye for now.
      Melody

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 2:35 pm

Melody, the brace thing still has nothing to do with GBS/CIDP for a diagnosis.

Not everyone wears braces or AFOS for GBS/CIDP. So I don’t get what the physiatrist is getting at. How can she conclude anything from that is still beyond me.

Take care:)

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 4:52 pm

Brandy:

Well, from what the psysiatrist was telling me, she is not sure that Alan’s mother even had GBS. That is what she said. She said “how can you be sure that his mom actually had GBS”. And I said “well, now that you mention it, my sister in law often said “they really were never sure if my mother had GBS, but from what her symptoms were the doctor said It might be GBS”.

See, this happened over 35 years ago. Alan’s mom got it at 45 and died at 53. She was confined to a wheelchair and could not walk. She was obese. Then at 53, she had heart complications and died.

So the thing about the GBS is that there really is no one to ask “did this woman actually have GBS??”

I think the physiatrist is trying to find out if any family members wore a brace and that might tell her SOMETHING…. but I have no idea WHAT!!!!!

melody

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 5:31 pm

Hi Melody,

Wearing a brace has nothing to do with GBS or CIDP. Not everyone with GBS/CIDP has to wear braces, that is what I am getting at.Wearing a brace is not going to tell the Dr a thing about whether Alan’s Mom or anyone else in the family might have had GBS/CIDP.

Take care. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 10:47 am

Brandy:

I just spoke to my sister-in-law and told her exactly what the physiatrist said. After convincing my sister-in-law that a psysiatrist is NOT A PSYCHIATRIST!!!, lol, I asked her all about my husband’s side of the family, braces. etc.

Here’s what I found out. Alan’s sister wears back brace because of spinal stenosis.

The mother (well, initially they thought she had MS. She had a spinal tap (this was a long long time ago). Something evidently was not in the spinal tap (indicative of MS), so they ultimately came to the conclusion that she had GBS. She had some kind of virus at the age of 45, then her arms and legs gave out. That’s when they gave her the GBS diagnosis. She was put in a wheelchair and given B-12 shots in the butt.

She got better sometime later, was able to walk around. Was obese, and then got a heart attack at age 53 and died. I asked my sister-in-law, “Did your mom have any signs of heart disease, any complications from the GBS, etc? ” And he answer was “my mother never went back to the doctor after the GBS and the B-12 shots. She got better, started walking, never went to the doctor for checkups, and had a heart attack at age 53 and died.

I also askd about other family members (if they wore a brace on any part of their body) and the answer was no, BUT THEY DO HAVE A COUSIN WHO HAD MS.

Now, what this means, I have no idea, but that is about the best I can do for a familial history.

Just wanted to share.

Melody
      And I know that wearing a brace has nothing to do with a diagnosis of GBS. I just think the psyiatrist is going somewhere else with the brace idea thing.

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 11:38 am

Hi Melody,

I am so curious as to where the psysiatrist is going with this. Please keep us informed. We have alot of auto-immune illnesses in our family.

I have lumbar spinal stenosis and a variety of neurological problems that my neuro and Orthopedist thinks came as a result of the Polio vaccine as a child. I will be facing surgery one day to repair the spinal stenosis, I don’t wear a brace for it. I was paralyzed from the waist up for 3 days after receiving the polio vaccine back in the 1950’s, on the 4th day I got up and seemed to have never been the same, although I never let it hold me back.

I think you did a good job getting that info from your sister-in-law.

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 4:05 pm

Wow, what an interesting thing about the polio vaccine.

I guess many of us have such STRANGE OR DIFFERENT IMMUNE SYSTEMS, that when there is a trigger, well WE GET STUFF!!!

Now years ago, when it came time to get a flu shot, I remember Alan telling his former doctor, “my mother had Guillian Barre Syndrom” and the doctor ALWAYS SAID: “You must never get a flu shot”. “You might get a reaction”, or something to that effect.

Well, fast forward to last year and we both go to a lovely doctor whom we call Dr. Fred. He looks like Arnold Schwartzenegger and he goes to the same gym as my husband so they often meet up there. A kinder, more compassionate doctor, I don’t think exists. He’s a lovely man.

He takes excellent care of both of us

So last October or thereabouts he says to my husband “Alan, have you had your flu shot yet??” Alan had begun going to this doctor from January of 2006. So Alan replies “Oh, no, I can’t get a flu shot, my mother had Guillian Barre”. Dr. Fred said “There is no reason why you can’t get a flu shot”. He got the flu shot. He was fine.

So all these years, my husband never had a flu shot. Me??? I get mine every year.

Why on earth would that doctor from all those years ago have told my husband he could never get a flu shot??

Melody

P.S. I will definitely update you on the brace thing when he gets his next appointment. Won’t be until Late May or so but I’ll ask about it.

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Melody ~ click on the search menu and type in “vaccines” or “vaccinations”. It remains [I]”The Hot Topic”[/I] on these forums. Most of the opinions and info to support them are there in ‘black & white’. Be prepared for an education!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 7:07 pm

Hi Melody – what in the world is a “psysiatrist”? My neuro does all those same tests at my office visits. Sounds like they’re not sure of a dx and are passing your husband around from dr. to dr. until somebody goes “aha”! Have you considered finding a neuro who is more experienced in CIDP/GBS? I got lucky and found one right off the bat – but had to go for an insurance exam (their neuro) and he had never seen anyone with CIDP. I knew more than he did! Hang in there, girl! Good luck and good health!

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 7:20 pm

We’ve been seeing specialists for 18 years. Finally we found a neurologist at the Peripheral Neuropathy Department of Methodist Hospital.

First time we found someone who knew all about he various neuopathies, and even the special blood tests to order.

Oh, a physiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in rehabilitation and pain management.

I never heard the word either!!!

I learn something every day.

I had to explain this to my sister in law. She kept thinking Alan was seeing a psychiatrist.

lol
      Melody

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Hi Melody,

All vaccines can cause GBS/CIDP. My husband and many, many others developed GBS after a flu shot or other vaccinations. They tell you you should not ever get the vaccine again.

Melody, the flu vaccine could have exacerbated Alan’s condition.

I still have residuals from my bout with God knows what as a child. Here’s another one for you, a doctor I was working for insisted we all get flu and pneumonia and Hepatitis vaccines, so I complied, didn’t know about the connection of vaccines and GBS back then. Well I had another thing happen to me, I wound up with triple pneumonia 2 weeks after the pneumonia shot, was in the hospital for 10 days. So I can never have another vaccine again because what the vaccines were suppose to protect me from gave me a form of the disease. Interesting subject. Also note there is the highest incidence of Autism in this country right now and they are saying it is because of childhood vaccines.

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 8:01 pm

Current ~ this week ~ statistics indicate that [U]1 in every 150 children in the USA have some form of autisim[/U]. Our grandson is in that group ~ was a healthy baby until after his first set of vaccinations. My heart weeps with all the side effects of modern medicine ~ especially the precious children . . .

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Brandy:

How could a flu shot exacerbate my husband’s symptoms?? Oh, I see, you think he got a flu shot all those years ago. Let me go and ask him!!!

Okay, I’m back. He has never had a flu shot until last October and he has had Idiopathic PN for 18 years. Years ago he had asked his original doctor, “Should I get a flu shot?” then the doctor asked him questions about his background and when the fact came up that his mom had Guilliam Barre, THAT’S WHEN THE DOCTOR TOLD HIM ‘YOU MUST NEVER GET A FLU SHOT”.
      And he never did. (until he met Dr. Fred last last year).

He was at his worst 4 to 5 years ago when he was on the fentanyl pain patch and vicodin for breakthrough pain.

Only the fact that he goes to a chiropractic/neurologist, lost 75 lbs, exercises at the gym 3 times a week and I massage him every day (and he just started ivig infusions), well, he’s doing much better than 4 years ago.

The flu shot had no side effect on him whatsoever. Thank goodness!!!!

Melody

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 8:36 pm

Hi Judi:

I thought they stopped putting mercury in all vaccines after the 1980’s!!! How old is your grandson now? and how is he doing??

Melody