Hello-I am new

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2007 at 2:54 pm

This is my first entry to the forum. I was first diagnosed with MF-GBS in 1993. Then I had it again in 2004. When I had it in 1993 there was an attempt to organize the MF-GBS by snail-mail. It took almost a year to locate about 25 people. Is anyone here a part of that group? I didn’t hear from anyone after a year or so. I just located this forum and (yeah, I am slow) so I thought I would attempt a communication with others like me, again. When I got sick again in 2004 I was not too afraid, because I have been through it before and thought I knew exactly what to expect. I got a rude surprise. It was a much rougher ride. I did not make a full recovery the first time and am struggeling a lot more this time, but I can’t complain too much. I can at least function good enough to get on the computer, now! Writing with a pencil is really too hard. Double vision is a troublesome curse, and I haven’t “puckered up” for a kiss since 1993! Anyway, this is your introduction to me!

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Alma

Welcome to the Forum. There are quite a number of members who had the MF variant, also unfortunately there are many who dont quite know wether or not they had the MF varient because the boundaries [B][I]can[/I] [/B]beblurred, specially with doctors who know nothing about GBS in the first place. a lot of us have had facial involvement with the blurred vision, but its difficult to say years or decades later if it was in fact MF :confused: . All the varients seem to almost amalgamate on the GBS Adult section, and we all chime in our comments 😀 .

Once again, welcome, and I’m glad you found the site.

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2007 at 10:03 pm

Thank you for your kind welcome and the guidence into using this forum. I have been reading the adult forum page and am getting my bearings. I saw your post with the photo in the hospital. Gosh, I guess we all have memories and imagine how we must have looked, but I don’t have a photo of myself. I don’t know if that is good or bad. I didn’t let my grandaughters come into my room until most of the tubes were removed. I didn’t want them to have that memory. (3 little elementry age girls:) ) You are right – the lines are blurry with Miller Fisher GBS.Again, Thanks for the welcome and I hope to get and give more input in the future.

Alma