..hello everybody..

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2010 at 8:33 pm

..hadn’t been here for a while..just thought I’d stop by and say hello..just had my 5th anniversary with GBS..still got residuals..still walk with drop foot..still tired..still can’t remember chit..lol..but life is good..I’ll be 62 on my next birthday..been retired since I came down with GBS at 57..try to get to the Y about 3 or 4 times a week for about an hour of exercise..still riding my motorcycles..but most importantly, still got my family and friends, still got my health, (I know, I’m thankful for what I do have), and still got my faith..my glass is always half full, never half empty..so take care of yourselves, and say a prayer for those poor people in Haiti..they’re the ones that really need it right now..peace and love..Bud..

• January 24, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Thanks for posting your encouraging words. Glad you are doing good. Half full is better than half empty. Thanks

Hello everybody…

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 3:12 pm

Hello to all. I didn’t even know that this site had been down till a month or so ago. I had to reregister, but glad to be back.
      So, I am still waiting for an appeal date on my claim to disability. This is the third time trying, so I retained a lawyer who said she believed I had a good case.
      Little bit frustrated with my neurologist, cause he keeps saying…”you aren’t affected very much by the CIDP because you aren’t in a wheelchair”.
      Well, I am not in the chair, but I was when first diagnosed, and that is not the only difficulty one encounters.
      The IVIG had been doing very well for me up till this summer, when I suffered aseptic meningitis as a side effect. He put me on steroids for it and told me it should probably help the headache..HA HA HA what a funny little joke.
      The second time I did the IVIG i got another horrible headache. The doc told me that he doesn’t want to do IVIG on me anymore because of the side effects it now causes. I am not sure I want to give it up just because of that, yet this last time I was infused doesn’t seem to help me with the weakness and numbness like it used to.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 5:58 pm

Hi, Have Had Cidp 8-05. Have Had Pp And Also Ivig. My Question For You Is Do They Pre Treat With Tylanol And Bendryl. That Will Keep The Headache Away Befor They Start The Treatment.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Hi Kitti!

I’m curious to know how much steroids did the doctor prescribe for you to take a day, and for how many days? Did you have other side effects to the steroids than headache? I ask because steroids made me very sick with side effects and my neuropathy increased ten-fold on a cronical basis.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 6:55 pm

Diane, whenever I get IVIG, the nurse always gives me Benedryl and Tylenol. I guess the Benedryl is supposed to reduce allergic reactions.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 8:38 pm

No one has premedicated me with anything before infusions, but gave me advice to do so, so I took tylenol and benedryl myself before hand. It still didnt help, and the headaches start 8 or so hours after infusion is done. The other complications i had were nausea and dizzyness…also disoreintation.
      I dont remember how many milligrams of the steroid I was on, but I had to take 10 pills the first day, 9 the next, and so on tapering down each day after.

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 4:57 pm

Probably you were given 100mg the first day, then 90 and down 10mg each day. I was on 100mg daily for a week, then 80mg each day for a month, before they allowed me to taper down. By then the damage was done – the doctors thought I had CIDP, but I didn’t. The illness I really have just loves steroids, because that helps it beautifully along, killing off the T cells that keep a check on my “bad” B-cells in the immunesystem!

All the best