Have not been here since the big crash

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Heck, I didn’t even realize the forums were back up and running. ( call me clueless)

Anyways, I got a call today from a man whose wife was stricken with GBS before Christmas. She was sent home in January with the feeding tube and catheter still in place and is bedridden.

Thankfully, he received the packet with my name and phone number ( so I assume I’m still listed as a contact )

Seems his inlaws made the decision to take care of her at home and NOT put her in rehab and he feels she is dying. I realize that theres alot more to this situation than what was told to me in the phone call.

He is setting up a visit with the wife and the inlaws after we meet on Monday or Tuesday.

I have visited many people over the past 6 years as well as many phone conversations but this one is a little unsetteling.

I would appreciate some other leasions/ district higher ups sending me their phone numbers via PM so that I can talk with them after the visit to asses the situation. I have NEVER run into a situation where the patient was sent home without rehab ( and what seems to be a really bad decision on their part ).

I’ll let you guys know how it goes. Good Lord, this makes me appreciate even more the wonderful treatment I received and how much I can do as opposed to getting frustrated with my limitations.

Mike

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2010 at 10:14 am

I agree Other Mike. Did skipping rehab, have anything to do with insurance or cost? I never get enough of thinking positive or hearing possitivity!:)

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I agree w Smitty. Never get enough of Positive Attitude.