Has Anyone Tried Marshall Protocol for CIDP?

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Greetings,

I am searching for people with autoimmune neuropathy (like myself) that have experimented with the Marshall Protocol.

Does anybody have experiences they could share?

Thanks,

MC Johnson

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I am not at all familiar with the Marshall Protocol, but I’m always eager to learn. What is it?:confused:

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2011 at 7:28 am

Be careful on this one. I did a little investigation and got as many warnings as I did positives and that usually sets off red flags.

From the little I have read, they use a lot of big words, but don’t seem to apply to CIDP. Mostly bacteria in the gut and body. The disease list that they say it works on doesn’t include CIDP, GBS or MS or ALS or anything neurological.

I do agree that eating healthy things and in the proper amounts will make you a better person health wise, and that there are herbal supplements that can be effective. But I would be careful with this one.

Good luck

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2011 at 11:30 am

I also looked up the website(s) and immediately did not appreciate what I read and, equally importantly, what I could not read.

For example, “…there is a waiting list to join our site…”

I agree with Dick S

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2011 at 12:48 pm

First off, sounds too good to be true? If so, why haven’t we heard about it before? I did look at their web site[s] and they throw out valid ‘big’ words, but little else? “research papers” seem to be in the very lesser known journals. AND, when looking up physicians ‘in’ their program? Don’t find any?
      Secondly, seems to be no real NIH research to back it up. I looked it up last nite and found nothing.
      Am I correct in that you suspect that you are having some digestive autoimmune issues? IF so? Join the club.
      Eating sensibly and proper dosings of supplements to offset or counteract such issues can help to a degree. Just be very careful as to what you do or not.
      Think of it this way? It mite be cutting edge in 15-20 years, but then IVIG was only approved as a ‘therapy’ for CIDP in the last few years….tho used as one for the previous 25-30 years. Do keep in mind that the stem-cell therapies being done in Chicago are also cutting edge? But they are being done NOW! With good results. Think about your own issues and whether you want to be ‘cured’ now or wait.
      My heart is with you and I hope you find some pain relief!

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2011 at 8:07 pm

One of the key parts of the Marshall protocol is avoiding sunlight and all sources of vit D This is a common defiency for individuals with autoimmune diseases.

I’d steer clear.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Greetings,

Unfortunately, it seems like the Marshall Protocol is not a well tested therapy at all – much less for CIDP. I will keep an eye on it to see what develops.

Thanks,

MC Johnson