Happy Stories

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 6:40 pm

Hello Dear Friends::p

I hunted all over the place wondering where to put this post and finally decided to start a new one under “Happy Stories” – actually, I already thought there was one but couldn’t find it. I am having a difficult time learning my way around this forum – nothing is categorized! Oh well, on with the happy story…………..

My granddaughter had to do a presentation for school (she is 11 years old) and she asked her mom if she could do it on GBS! She and another classmate did the project together. My daughter set the video camera up and my granddaughter proceeded to interview her mom on GBS. Since I had been through GBS, my daughter has done a lot of research on it so was quite knowledgeable to answer all the questions.

To make a long story short, the teacher asked the class if they gained anything from this presentation…….all the hands went up. The teacher commended the girls on their presentation and said how excellent it was and deserves an A+.

What impressed me, was my granddaughter wanted to spread the word about GBS and that she did! When I contracted GBS, I had never heard of it before………spoken by a proud grandma.

Hugs, Myrt

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 6:46 pm

Gosh, that’s brilliant Myrt!

What an ace story. I can only say my congratulations and commendations to those young people.

They put me in mind of the stone thrown in a pond and the ripples spreading outwards.

The children are listening. Which just goes to prove my belief that children are beautiful.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 7:08 pm

Dear Myrt:

That was a great story. When my daughter contracted GBS while in college, she phoned me within minutes of the first symptoms. Needless to say, I made sure she got medical treatment immediately. She was getting IVIG within hours of the first noticable symptom. I never knew she paid any attention to anything about GBS, partly because I don’t much like talking about to non-GBSers, but she did. Our children and grandchildren sometimes know a whole lot more than we give them credit for.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 8:00 pm

Dear Myrt,

What a great story I had goosebumps when I read it. Kids are great and they often surprise us with what they do.

Debbie

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 8:08 pm

Kudos to your Granddaughter and her classmates and to your Daughter for doing all that research on her own and willing to share her wisdom with her child. You did a great job with raising your daughter myrt!! You have the right to be a Proud Grandma and MOM!!!:)

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 10:31 pm

What a wonderful story! Since my father got GBS, I have done so much research on it. I feel like I’m on a mission to learn as much as I can about it, sometimes because it is so unpredictable and so vaguely attracted.
      I had NEVER heard about it before, but it’s interesting to hear how many other people HAVE heard about it once I talk about it.
      We’ll all spread the word & educate after all!

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 11:22 pm

Hi Myrt,

What a wonderful thing your granddaughter did. Kids are so amazing.
      Give her a big hug from all of us here. I can feel how proud you are of her,
      because your smile is shining through your words. Bless her.:) ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care my Dear Friend. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 7:20 am

hey myrt,

do i know you? you sound familiar. i know someone named marion. might you be the same person? RU crafty? lol. seriously, it is a heart-warming story. what a caring family you have. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength