Hair Loss

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I am new to this forum. I am a 57 year old female and was diagnosed with GBS in Dec. 2010 (severe case).
      My question is this:
      Has anyone with GBS experienced severe hair loss? I have been experiencing hair loss for the last year, which seems to have increased significantly during the last 3 months. I am not sure if it is due to GBS, due to stress, or due to one of the meds I am taking. Can anyone share their experience or insights?

• Anonymous
      March 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I’m a 57 yr old male, hit w’GBS May, 2010. I was predominately bald prior to GBS. Still predominately bald.

BUT I am strikingly more handsome! 😆

• August 11, 2014 at 6:10 am

Maximize your probable for hair growth by eating a diet that is high in protein. Take a multivitamin daily. Make sure you body is getting all of the vitamins and minerals it wants.

• September 19, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I had GBS at seventeen. My hospital pillow was often covered in wayward hair. I had a fair receding hairline and some thinning at 18. I thought the early loss was from the GBS but, I’ve since decided that isn’t the case.

I think the hair on the pillow was from the poor diet and poor health while in the grips of GBS. After recovery I did not see much of an improvement. Since it runs in the family, I expected to lose my hair, just not so soon.

Now, let’s jump ahead about 34 years. My 19 year old son, who has never had GBS or anything else serious, has thinner hair than I did at 19…by quite a bit.

Your best bet is probably to get with your doctor and make sure that you don’t have any vitamin, mineral or hormone deficiencies that are causing the hair loss. In the case of my late wife, the stress of cancer/chemo caused premature menopause which caused a number of problems including changes in post-recovery hair density.

• December 4, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Hypothyroidism is another possibility – a simple blood test can determine this – my 34 year old daughter & I (57) were diagnosed with it the same month/year – one of the symptoms was thinning hair which we both experienced. We were put on a low dose of Levothyroxine & hair is back to normal.

• February 17, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Yup, I lost hair and my scalp was covered with a thick layer of…something, I don’t know what it was. And the itching was awful.

My hair and scalp started improving about ten months in, after I took myself off all my meds and started to improve overall. As my scalp got better, I started growing new, healthy hair.

I was 57 when I was diagnosed, too. I’m also female.

• April 3, 2015 at 6:24 am

main reason for your hair healthy it’s body health
      this topic is help me i hope that for you
      how to keep your hair healthy