Hackers, Spammers & Failed Log-In(s)

• jk
      September 30, 2014 at 12:00 pm

In addition to the e-mail regarding the CIDP survey I also sent e-mails to the Foundation requesting web site support to remove, block and otherwise prevent the plethora of hackers, spammers and bots we’ve seen in the last year.

Again, no reply as of today.

However, at least I am able to sign in now and I do not see the same spam messages as before.

As of yesterday, however, I still received an “Untrusted Web Site GET ME OUT OF HERE” certificate warning from my browser.
      and, speaking again about yesterday, after I logged in and clicked on Forums I was directed to the new member sign in page.

Maybe there is some hope that attention is again being directed at the Forum by the Webmaster or Moderator(s), if any.

there must be a reason no one has replied to any thread in two weeks, or created any new topics recently.

• GH
      September 30, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I think the administration is volunteer help, so not as responsive as it could be otherwise. I’m happy that a lot of the spam seems to have been removed, after a long period of no administration at all.

I can find no evidence that the CIDP survey was published at all, except for the short summary. I don’t think it is that important, myself.

Your browser warning is due to your browser, not this site. Ignore it.

Most people who used to post regularly probably moved to a social networking site, or just lost interest altogether. I’m not interested in social networking, so tend to respond only when I think I have a useful contribution. I think it’s better to have fewer, but more substantive threads. There used to be a lot of activity promoting every kind of quackery and that has mostly disappeared, thankfully.

The topic ‘Hackers, Spammers & Failed Log-In(s)’ is closed to new replies.