good doctor

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Hi, my son Karson is 4 years old and has been recovering from GBS for the last 13 months. Anyone know a good nuero. doctor in the mid-west? We’re from kansas…Thanks Debra

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 1:48 pm

Hello Karson’s Mom…

My 16 year old was stricken with GBS in June of 06. He stayed at Childrens’ Hospital in Omaha, NE for six days. He received the best of care – his Pediatric Neurologist was Dr. Janice McAllister.

He was unable to walk and had paralysis in his face. Six months later, he is starting at guard on his high school basketball team – playing the entire game.

Miracles happen…. feel free to contact me if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 10:38 pm

[COLOR=”DarkOrchid”]Hi Debra, I live in Topeka and have a very fine neurologist, Dr. Welch. To cover our bases when I was diagnosed with CIDP, he sent me to the University of Kansas medical center in Kansas City, Kansas and they have a terrific team of neurologists. I understand Children’s Mercy hospital in Kansas City also has highly recommended neurologists. What part of Kansas are you in? Take care,Vicki[/COLOR]