George’s battle is over

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 6:45 pm

Some of you may remember my old posts re the progression of my husband George’s illness. I am completely stunned and very sorry to say George died on 14th June of respiratory failure. He was 42 years old. His battle with what was termed severe motor and sensory axonal neuropathy lasted for 30 months. Never once did the progression remit or abate it just continued to weaken him and take his every quality of life. He suffered a lung collapse on 14 May and remained hospitalised from then on. I just wanted to let you all know what happened. When we first began learning abut his illness I remember reading that there were only an unfortunate few for who the illness continued to progress and I thought what happens to them? I am obviously upset that George was one of those unfortunate few but am also relieved that his pain is over. He lived through his illness with what can only be described as serenity and great determination.
      I wish all of you who are suffering with this illness the greatest of courage and strength.
      kind regards
      Sandra Paul

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 7:47 pm

My Dearest Sandra,

I am so saddened to hear about George’s passing. Honey I know what you are going through. You need time to heal yourself now, you have been through such a terrible shock. I know you feel like you’ll never stop crying and hurting, that is exactly how I felt after Frank passed away. But you do.

You will always have your love and memories in your heart and they do help you get through the bad days and nights. If you need to talk you can e-mail me through the Foundation, just click on my name and send me a mail, I’ll be there for you if you need me.

I will say a special prayer for George tonight and also for you, that God gives you the strentgh to get through this sad time.

Bless You Sandra

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 8:22 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Sandra, please accept my deepest condolences. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 10:20 pm

Sandra, You and your Family are in my thoughts and Prayers.

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 10:21 pm

I’m so sorry to hear your husband passed away after 30 months of battling axonal GBS. May you be conforted in the memory of his love for you.

Peggy

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 10:54 pm

Sandra, accept my condolences and prayers.

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 11:11 pm

Hello Sandra,
      We grieve too when we hear that a member has lost his/her battle. You and your family will be held in our hearts and prayers.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 8:10 am

Sandra

I and my family are very sad to hear about the sad demise of Mr. Gorge. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.

This is the first time I came across from the onset of my GBS that anybody is died due to GBS related illness.

When I informed my wife about it, she stunned and sat down for about half an hour. She remembered the worrying time when I was admitted in Hospital. From her reaction, I can understand how you must be feeling now after losing the loving one.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 9:49 am

Sandra,
      I just reread all of our old emails before I began to post. It is just so hard when one is so young. He fought the fight so valiantly, you should be proud of him. How much your love & concern came through in your emails. But I think he exhausted every treatment & his body had just sustained too much nerve damage in the end. I just know he is in a better place now, & you can rest assured that all of the pain is finally gone. I hope that is a little consolation for you. I can’t begin to tell you how sorry I am, be strong for your family if you can.
      All my blessings, Pam

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 9:51 am

May God give you and your family grace during this time. You’re in our prayers!

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 11:07 am

Sandra,

Please except the Foundations condolences. George will have peace now. God bless you and your family.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 12:15 pm

Sandra ~ you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. We grieve with you. The words seem tiny, but know that they come from the heart.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 12:45 pm

Sandra,

Words are hard to express my feelings at this time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, George is no longer in pain.

Take care of yourself.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 2:48 pm

Sandra,
      My prayers are with you during this difficult time. I do believe that George is in a better place where he is free from pain. May you find peace in this difficult time.

Sonja

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 3:09 pm

Sandra,

You have had a difficult road and we are all here to support you as you enter the next phase of your life.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 3:36 pm

Sandra,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you and your family. Please take care of yourself and know we are here for you.

Love,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 7:08 pm

peace my friend

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 7:14 pm

Sandra,

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband George. I cried when I read your post because I came so close to losing my fiance Ben to GBS. My hope for you is that you had a chance to share your love with George before his passing, and that you can live the rest of your life knowing that he knew how much you loved him.

Peace be with you,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 9:04 pm

Sandra,

I’m so sorry to hear that George lost his brave battle. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 11:33 pm

Sandra,
      Being able to share this news with us shows what a strong person you are and how much you loved George. This is a difficult time for you and we will keep you in our prayers.

God bless you and your families.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2006 at 4:49 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Being able to communicate with others caregivers and people suffering from GBS has truly been an enormous help to me during George’s illness. Appreciate all your replies.
      Regards
      Sandra

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2006 at 3:04 pm

Sandy, we hope you will continue to consider us your extended GBS family and come here as often as you need for love and support.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2006 at 3:10 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your husband’s passing-my deepest sympathy to you and your family. elayne

• July 3, 2006 at 4:26 pm

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear about your husband’s passing, my heart goes out to you and your family.

One thing you have now is your memories, no one can take them away from you.

With love
      Suzy

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Hi Sandra

You and your family are in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear about George’s passing. My prayer for you is that God will continue to hold you close in His arms. May you feel His love now like never before.

His love, comfort, grace, peace, and mercy always cover you.

God Blessings

QueenDuchess
      aka
      Jennifer