GBS small fiber autonomic variant

• December 2, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Hi this is my first post. I just wanted to see if anyone else has the small fiber autonomic variant of GBS… mine happened overnight in may 2015 when I was 20 years old… I got ivig infusions for about two years because my neurologist thought it was a chronic variant. Just saw dr Norman latov in New York and he seems to think it is just GBS and has to heal on its own. He said he’s seen a fair amount of cases in people my age (which was pretty surprising but also nice to hear because I am used to nobody having any idea about what I have) with the small fiber autonomic variant and that I should start healing by my 30s… I am about to turn 23 this Friday so I really hope it doesn’t take that long. With the autonomic damage I can barely manage daily tasks and cannot work… before this I lifted weights and took my dogs for long walks daily and loved being outdoors and active. anyways I guess that’s enough for now. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experience with this because I never really find too much about it online. And it’s pretty isolating at this age especially when it is an even more rare variant that nobody knows about. I look forward to hearing back from you guys and would love any insight anybody can provide. Thanks!