GBS and sweating

• February 27, 2018 at 9:59 am

Hello, does anyone else have experience with increased sweating after GBS? It’s been over 2 years since GBS, and although I used to sweat somewhat easily before, it’s gotten much worse. In a home with the heat set to 62, my whole body will be wet just from simple tasks like laundry and vacuuming. My head gets really hot on top as well. I spent most of last summer in my bedroom by the window AC unit. My doctor and I have not been able to find a med that works either, and we are at a loss.

Does anyone have similar experiences to this? How much can GBS affect it, and is there anything I can do to fix it? My summers are absolutely miserable dealing with this. I cannot handle anything over 70 if it is humid, even with doing little physical activity to cause the sweating.

• March 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I have cidp and I find I am always sweating. I get so embarrassed.

• June 22, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Yes I too try to do cleaning that I used to do before gbs and now I sweat alot for sweeping or mopping. I just feel sweat pouring down my face. I think it might be because we get tierd very easily. Even for the smallest tasks.

• July 4, 2018 at 3:15 am

My neurologist said my hot & cold symptoms is a good sign my nerves are healing!

• July 16, 2018 at 10:57 am

I was happy to see this post! I had what was thought to be a second attack of GBS in March 2018. My diagnosis was switched to CIDP after symptoms continued for over 4 months. I have been sweating more than ever before in my life, and I was unaware of any connection to my condition before.

It’s nice to read that the sweating may actually be a sign of healing!

• August 26, 2018 at 10:10 pm

My CIDP triggered by decades of misdiagnosed Lyme Disease has caused profuse sweating mostly from my head. The purpose of sweating is to cool the body by evaporation but this can’t happen if there is a 100-degree waterfall coming off your forehead!

I suspect that the nerves which activate the sweat glands are damaged and are unable to shut off the faucet.

In the summer I sleep with a/c so my head is cool and then turn on my electric blanket b/c my legs are cold. I kid you not. I have been doing this for decades.

• September 27, 2018 at 12:59 pm

I HAVE GBS. WAS DIAGNOSED IN JUNE 2012. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. SWEAT PROFUSELY AND AT TIMES AM NOT EVEN HOT