Fyi

• September 6, 2007 at 11:18 pm

Tuesday night after crawling into bed with a book I lost the movement in my right arm. It came back slowly and was a little weak the next day, as I’ve got plans to leave tomorrow for middle of nowhere Nevada I called my neuro thinking it was from the CIDP and better touch base with him before I left. Needless to say I spent all day today having test ran, they believe it was either a early stroke warning or I have some twisted artories. Thankfully I’ve got a great doctor and he rushed me through the test so my trip is still on. I’ve got to do the baby asprin thing and come back to do some more testing but I came close to blowing it off as just one of those CIDP symptoms. The doctor told me that alot of times we {and our pc docs} blame alot of things we shoudn’t on our nerve disease, it’s best to have the little things checked out.
      Where I’m going in Nevada is hours from the closet hospital, I’m glad I had it checked out before I left. Guess I just wanted to pass this along so you think twice before considering something too minor to go to the doctor with.
      No computer where I’m going so it’ll be two weeks without you all. You’re my company with my morning coffee, I may go through withdrawls, lol.
      Talk at you when I come back all rested!!
      Pattie

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2007 at 11:38 pm

pattie have a great time and a safe trip! I agree that it is easier to blame GBS for some of my pains and stiffness. It is natural to self dx. Glad you used your noodle and did not do that! You might of saved your life! Better to be safe than sorry!

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2007 at 8:35 am

That trip sounds wonderful Pattie. Hope you have a Great Time. I’m glad you called your dr, Job Well Done!. Have Fun!!:)