Forum Topic Sorting

• March 29, 2021 at 6:16 pm

This week the forum sorting has changed and the sort date of most recent topic/comment is no longer available. The recent topics side bar has never worked to show the most recent topics and misses many. I have been using the following URL that got me the latest topic sort:
      https://forum.gbs-cidp.org/forums/

But this has stopped working like it has worked for a couple years and now only displays categories. Can the old sort be restored?

Thanks,

Jim

• March 30, 2021 at 10:16 am

Hello Jim.
      Thank you for the alert. We are working on some updates with the Forums and registration. Would you please confirm that the Recent Topics are sorted by “Last Post” again?

The sidebar should be working as well.

Appreciate your time and assistance.

• March 30, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Yes, the sort by most recent topic/comment is working again.

Thank you for restoring that functionality. The side bar seems to be fixed too.

• June 17, 2021 at 6:47 pm

The site has not been working properly since this morning. The sort is  by category (not by latest post) and the recent replies appears not to be working again.

Are you guys updating some stuff? or have the mysterious internet outages (airlines, etc) affected the site?

Hope you can get it working again soon.

• March 23, 2022 at 4:38 pm

Jim,

I, like you want to see most recent posts. Also, I have CIDP, when i post question, say on my foot pain , or socks or braces, doo i do it under main forum, new topic or CIDP ? I come across some interesting info, occasionally, looking through the search topics bar, but usually very old, maybe more than 10 yrs. Its frustrating and hard to believe in this tech works these subjects cant be sorted by disease, topic, date ? Am I expecting too much ? I cant even fond my own posts ?

Thank You
        Pammy

• March 23, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Use this link to view most recent posts:

Topics

Use the “Search Forums” at the top of the webpage to find discussions involving specific topics.

• July 24, 2022 at 2:13 pm

Hi Jim,

The sorting is working in chron order of topics now. Thank you

Was wondering if there is a way to find a specific person by name,

or post I posted.   I sometimes forget the topic that was in thread

of a post I may want to re read,  or re visit a link that was in a thread ?

I don’t know if I am making my question clear.   I have posted under

maybe 2 topics to START.  I have had follow up questions  or comments

to others posts.  Can I fond them again by sorting using my account name ?

The foundation should pay you.   You know more than most of tech support

and treatments etc.  I don’t know how you stay so motivated, knowledgable

and patient with helping others.  I have followed your  story.  I don’t know where

you get the tenacity.  Perhaps you have amazing emotional, social, familial,

and  medical support.

Thank You

Pammy

• June 21, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Hello.
      The Forum site was updated with a new, simplified theme. Forums are listed alphabetically. Topics are sorted by “most recent replies.” Everything appears to be working properly. Please make sure to clear your cache and let us know if something still doesn’t seem correct.

Thank you again.

• July 24, 2022 at 2:50 pm

You can view your own ‘replies’ or ‘topics’ by clicking on your user’s name, then selecting either “replies created” or “topics started”. Then you can scroll through these and find a post of interest. Clicking on the ellipse-like symbol on bottom right will take you to the thread. You can also do this for any other user name too. There are some slight differences in how this works if you are not signed-in.

Unfortunately, I don’t know a way to search within a user name for posts on specific topics. I often wish we had that capability.