foot pain

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 3:34 pm

My question today, well one of many, but will stick to this one…
      Does anyone have pain on the tops of their feet ? When I go to stand up, the top of my foot, sometimes both, feels like bones breaking or glass shattering. It doesnt last long but hurts so bad while it’s happening.
      My neuro said arthritis possibley. I’m not so sure.
      My feet are mostly numb…cant move toes well and for sure cant spread them. Big toe on the right foot has gotten much worse in two months and cant quite move it.

take care and stay warm.

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 3:51 pm

I have not had any top of foot pain….but have numbness and pain in my toes and feet. I would “guess” that whether of not there is some arthritis in your feet, it is the GBS that is either making the pain worse, or it is only the GBS.

Although very slow, I am getting more feeling in areas that I had “given up on”…..

It may be coincidence….but I began taking Maca Root
      (see this thread [url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1857[/url] )
      and I noticed much more feeling in the “dead” areas….

The pain can be extreme when I have been walking/standing for several hours during photo shoots. I take Cymbalta for the pain (and Dilaudid – but that’s more for back-pain – I was already disabled with a back injury before I got GBS).

I’m also trying something “new” for the foot pain, and will wait another few days before deciding if it is helping…..

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Does it feel like the muscles are “strung too tight” and they hurt when they stretch out?

It feels that way to me, on the tops of both feet. While they are stretching out, the pain is pretty big. After a couple of minutes on them, the pain drops back to merely annoying.

Both of my feet feel like they have been smashed and rolled over pretty much all the time now. I have found no reliable pain relief that allows me to remain cognitive.

I sympathize with your pain. I wish I could make it go away.

Dick S

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 11:38 pm

As much as I have suffered with horrendous foot pain (for the first two years after my dx I seriously considered having them amputated, the pain was so unbearable), I don’t remember having any pain on the top of my feet. I keep the pain manageable by taking neurontin, I guess I am fortunate enough to have pain in enough different places that I am just used to the foot pain now. Also, it is much better than it was back in 2002-2003. Dick, I was just wondering if neurontin ever worked for you?
      Pam

• August 9, 2014 at 6:26 am

Try an ice pack for ten to twenty minutes at a time a few times a day when you can. If the pain does not reduce and go away, see a doctor. If the pain is on the bottom of your heel, you can have a heel spur and a cortisone injection will take care of it.

• August 14, 2014 at 12:30 am

I have been having this more and more recently – on the tops of both feet…. they started out numb.. and then they got to the point where if anything rubbed up against the nerves it would zing all the way down.. now if I wear any shoes that touch the top of my feet they feel tingly and really painful.. if I wear them for long it becomes unbearable, especially if I haven’t taken my lyrica (I can’t sleep without that.. as I wake up all night long shaking my limbs that feel asleep).. I can’t wear any tennis shoes/athletic shoes anymore, as it just is too painful…

foot pain

• May 20, 2006 at 1:12 pm

Teresa recommended using Vicks VapoRub Greaseless Cream to relieve foot pain.

I have not tried that yet but here are some of the other things I have done:

Put a bolster pillow at the foot of the bed to keep the blankets off my feet.

Have my husband massage my feet.

Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg – This supplement is an antioxidant. In Europe diabetics take 600mg a day for nerve damage pain.

Ostrich oil – according to something I read, the oil in the ostrich oil is an Omega 3 variety that goes through your skin faster than skin cream. Supposedly the Omega 3s will help heal the nerves (taken with a huge grain of salt). For me rubbing on the ostrich oil is soothing and definitely helps with the burning, itchie type pain.

Neuragen – a commercial rub on concoction made of geranium oil, tea tree leaf extract and assorted herbals. This stuff is wildly expensive and stinks; it also claims to heal the nerves. For me, it provides immediate relief from the worst type of foot pain. Wonderful. Unfortunately it only lasts about 20 minutes. Sometimes that is long enough for me to get to sleep though.

Nortriptylin 25 mg (generic for Pamelor) – I take 3200 mg of Neurontin a day and usually have excellent pain control; this extra prescription drug is on an “as needed” basis to allow me to get to sleep.

I hope others will add to this thread so we can rebuild all the pain reief hints lost on the old forum.
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Hi Flossie,

Frank never seemed to get relief from any of his pain, especially his feet.The only time relief would come is if he took heavy duty pain killers, which he hated to do because they would make him so groggy. So he mainly took 3600mgs of Neurontin daily and Darvocet 3-5 times a day. That just barely kept the pain at bay. He could not have any of his body touched it would send the pain searing through his body, starting from the feet all the way up his legs and shoot into his stomach. His arms were better, but he said at times they felt as dead as the rest of his body. I only wish that he could have had some pain relief for those 6 years.

Foot Pain

• May 20, 2006 at 1:09 pm

Ack! My finger twitched and I posted in the wrong forum. I am leaving the message here anyway in case it might be helpful to you.

Sorry to intrude on your forum,
      Flossie

…………………………………………………….
      Teresa recommended using Vicks VapoRub Greaseless Cream to relieve foot pain.

I have not tried that yet but here are some of the other things I have done:

Put a bolster pillow at the foot of the bed to keep the blankets off my feet.

Have my husband massage my feet.

Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg – This supplement is an antioxidant. In Europe diabetics take 600mg a day for nerve damage pain.

Ostrich oil – according to something I read, the oil in the ostrich oil is an Omega 3 variety that goes through your skin faster than skin cream. Supposedly the Omega 3s will help heal the nerves (taken with a huge grain of salt). For me rubbing on the ostrich oil is soothing and definitely helps with the burning, itchie type pain.

Neuragen – a commercial rub on concoction made of geranium oil, tea tree leaf extract and assorted herbals. This stuff is wildly expensive and stinks; it also claims to heal the nerves. For me, it provides immediate relief from the worst type of foot pain. Wonderful. Unfortunately it only lasts about 20 minutes. Sometimes that is long enough for me to get to sleep though.

Nortriptylin 25 mg (generic for Pamelor) – I take 3200 mg of Neurontin a day and usually have excellent pain control; this extra prescription drug is on an “as needed” basis to allow me to get to sleep.

I hope others will add to this thread so we can rebuild all the pain reief hints lost on the old forum.
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2006 at 6:32 am

i use ‘deep heat’ for foot (and leg!) pain….have to keep re-applying, but it helps me pretty well on bad days…..

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2006 at 6:37 pm

I used “tiger balm”…. it worked really well for all the aches and pains..

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2010 at 7:57 am

Hello,

As i’m here to tell you that i was suffering from my foot pain for past 4 days, as i use to play soccer, i got patch while playing and my leg was aching too severe.. So any one please let me know what to do??

Discover the hidden source of targeted traffic that unearths eager buying customers, drives them straight to your site, and literally explodes your profits almost overnight at just simple click [url=http://uniquearticlepro.com/] unique article wizard.[/url]