Fluid retention

• August 17, 2020 at 11:24 pm

Hi was wondering if fluid retention is a side effect of Privigen as I am experiencing it. I am weighed before treatment and after at home I am 2.5 kg heavier after 24 hrs my weight returns to normal , my blood pressure use to be normal now it’s in the high range my Lactate Dehydrogenase is Hi 450 units/L , ALT is Hi 83 unit/L, AST is Hi 67/L, Protien Hi 94 g/L, Basophils Absolute Hi 0.2 x10^9/L.
      my blood glucose is Hi as well.

• August 18, 2020 at 7:02 am

Hi Ausvolz
      From my experience with Intragam which I received in Australia I can say the following:
      – The IVIG product I received was already 32 grams in 325ml solution
      – The prep and flush liquid added about almost another liter (already adds up to about 1.3kg per day of treatment)
      – The nurses kept topping me up with water since everybody says you need to stay hydrated to avoid headaches.
      – Add or take a little tolerance to that and I would say you are at the 2.5kg you mention and I believe that to be part of the normal procedure. Water or weight shouldn’t appear from nothing.
      Having said that, since I had IVIG I feel that my legs are more puffed up and feel almost swollen. That is still the case now almost 3 months after my one week treatment.
      Since my IVIG treatment was making my neuropathy worse I stopped IVIG and have been on Prednisone for the last few weeks. I felt instant relief after 10 hours and have regained a lot of my energy within days. Almost no side effects on 50mg/day just some slight difficulty falling asleep.
      I wonder why I had to wait 2 years to get this simple and effective medication while watching my health deteriorate…