flip flops

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Does anyone wear flip flops? I liked wearing them but since i have cidp it hurts wearing them. I can’t keep them on my feet and anything between my toes is too sensitve and hurts. does anyone have this problem?

• GH
      May 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Chronic hypersensitivity and pain in the front of the foot, yes. But I’ve never liked flip flops, so they’re not a problem.

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2012 at 7:43 pm

My reflex for keeping flip flops on doesn’t work with CIDP. I find them too dangerous to wear since my balance and trouble tripping is a factor. I wear flat well cushioned sandals in the summer that grip my whole foot for safely reasons. The sandals with wide adjustable straps across and on the sides work best for me.

• May 26, 2012 at 1:54 am

hmmmm… i would love to wear flip flops again, but I wouldn’t even know if I lost one and walked right out of it–lol my foot reflexes don’t work well enough to hold them on. maybe after my rituxin trial?????

• May 26, 2012 at 3:13 am

My right foot does start burning the further I walk in them.. and I had never noticed that you have to do certain toe movements to keep them on.. I have no proprioception of my right toes, so it feels like they aren’t doing that motion, but I loook down and apparently they are moving and keeping them on! But I agree, I get a little nervous about tripping.. I have the sonuk (sp?) ones, those fit and I don’t feel apprehensive about them (also the most comfy ones i’ve tried)!

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Thanks everyone. I can’t wear them anymore. If i wear something i have to ear sandals with a strap around my foot.

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I have to have whatever is on my feet firmly fixed on them. I can’t feel where things are on my feet, so sliding and twisting of footwear is a problem. If I can’t tie or strap it, I don’t wear it.