Finally out of the CCU and on to Rehab

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2007 at 8:41 am

[Hello: It has almost been 8 months and Randy is finally being moved out of the critical care unit and moving into the Rehab hospital in NorthBay. What a long bumpy road, but we have made it!. Off the vent 3 weeks ago and the trac came out last week. We are ready for the move, but sad to be leaving our family of caregivers in the CCU. We have definately learned a new definition of the word slow, but there is progress, and it is continuing. Randy has a power chair that he uses with head controls to get around in, and just having enough upper body strength to be able to sit on the commode and get to the bathroom for a shower is wonderful. Thanks for all the support I find on this site, it is truly wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2007 at 1:45 am

That is such wonderful news, please take care and let us know if you need anything.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2007 at 11:19 am

[SIZE=”5″]Yeah! How great is this news [SIZE=”6″]:D [/SIZE][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2007 at 10:03 pm

[B][SIZE=”7″]GO RANDY! :p GO RANDY! ๐Ÿ˜‰ GO RANDY! ๐Ÿ˜€

What a great post to read just before I turn in for the night! Keep UP the GOOD WORK![/SIZE][/B]

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Good Job Randy!! Keep it going!!:D Don’t forget to rest in between play!!:)

• November 16, 2007 at 4:31 pm

[QUOTE=Payner][Hello: It has almost been 8 months and Randy is finally being moved out of the critical care unit and moving into the Rehab hospital in NorthBay. What a long bumpy road, but we have made it!. Off the vent 3 weeks ago and the trac came out last week. We are ready for the move, but sad to be leaving our family of caregivers in the CCU. We have definately learned a new definition of the word slow, but there is progress, and it is continuing. Randy has a power chair that he uses with head controls to get around in, and just having enough upper body strength to be able to sit on the commode and get to the bathroom for a shower is wonderful. Thanks for all the support I find on this site, it is truly wonderful. ๐Ÿ˜€ :)[/QUOTE]
      Randy,
      I know what you are going through and think that you are on your way to recovery. I was in much worse shape at 8 months post onset. I did not have enough strenght to lift my arm let alone help get to the commode. I am at 50 months post onset and still using a walker and a wheelchair for long distances. Don’t give up hope and keep a positive mental attitude…that is critical. Best of luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Dino

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2008 at 12:16 pm

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. I am so happy to hear that Randy has moved to Rehab. What a big step!

This really is such a long journey isn’t it? Sean was off work yesterday because his symptoms were aggravated. It just freaks me out that he is going to go into a full blown relapse.

I hope you both find strength in each other and continued improvements for Randy.

Hugs,
      Wendy

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2008 at 8:20 am

Great to hear that Randy is moving to rehab.

My mother is currently in hospital in Bracebridge waiting to go to rehab in TO. She spent a number of weeks in TO in CCU. I’m in NS, therefore a long distance caregiver. Just wondering if you have come across anyone in the area to act as a “mentor” to help get through all this. I would love to find a contact person for my father.

Alison

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2009 at 9:00 pm

A long overdue update. Randy came home from hospital on Oct 31,2008. He is still considered a quad, improvements are slow, but there is improvement. Core strength is great. Some arm and leg movement. Some movement in the hands, but nothing below the knees. He has started working for 4 hours per day from home. The computer and voice activated/ bluetooth software are wonderful things. Physio is about 4 hours a day also. It is what it is, and it will get better. We keep a positive attitude and find humor in our days. Never give up and remember it is not the destination but the journey, that counts.

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2009 at 9:09 am

Congrats Randy! Hats off to you that you are able to work that much with all the PT! I don’t know if you are doing this or not but I would suggest to keep a journal of your abilities and such. As the months go on you might not think that you are making progress but as you look back its encouraging to see what you have accomplished.

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Hi Paynor! So sorry to hear what Randy has been through. Sounds like he has had a very hard 8 months and I just want to you know that I will keep him in my prayers and hope he see’s much better improvements in the year to come. Good luck and may 2009 be a much brighter year! Hugs
      Linda H