Female Question (not what you’re thinking!)

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 6:19 pm

Hi ladies

I’ve a question for you all, if I may. Over the last 5 weeks I have gained a belly, a serious one. When I eat, I bloat, big time.

The trousers that used to be loose, got tight. Then tighter still. One day I put my tight jeans on, and sat down. Whooo. A large tummy roll appeared over the trousers.

Now, I’m 50 and weigh 115-119 pound. Before you say why am I concerned when I’m little, consider how noticeable a belly is on someone as slight as myself. It’s uncomfortable – and the doc did a pregnancy test, negative of course. I’m awaiting an ultra sound. A friend suggested it was middle-aged spread. I think my periods might have stopped around 5 or 6 weeks ago. But I’m not sure that there is a connection as the belly wobble came on so fast. But maybe the two are connected.

I’ve not gained weight anywhere else.

I’ve joined a fitness club called Curves, it’s easier than a gym and the aim is to tone my muscles. It’s about time I did that actually, as my muscles are so weak.

I’ve also taken up Salsa dancing – both in the last two weeks.

A couple of years ago I weighed a bit more than now but didn’t have this belly.

I realise that this is probably not mega in the scheme of things, it’s just that I am perplexed. Any ideas as to this would be gratefully received.

God bless

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Hi Teresa Can it be just gas? I have been bloated more then not and my family DR suggested I take something to relieve stomach gas. Ask your DR if there is a chance it could the food your eating causing stomach gas. I touch my stomach and it’s like air there not firm.

Sue

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2007 at 4:04 am

ta, have you had your thyroid checked lately? my dr thinks that is what is behind my stomach pouch. i can gain weight in just 2 days time, and its not from over eating, i eat small amounts of healthy foods like grains, fruits and veggies and fish and chicken. i can lose weight in a few days also. since i can’t do land exercises like i use to i don’t have a way to lose the weight. other then that do you have any other symptoms that might relate to the weight change? like kidney pain, stones, endometreosis type problems?

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2007 at 3:19 pm

TA,

Salsa dancing, well you go girl. Salsa dancing is the best way to take inches off the waste. It’s just plain fun isn’t it? I do salsa dancing all the time to keep fit. I can’t do conventional excercises so dancing is the best for me.

On a serious note, you probably are in menopause and sometimes bloating does happen because of the hormones fluctuating all over the place. Get a checkup from the Gynocologist just to make sure everything is ok.

Love Ya Girlfriend of Mine, hugs to my favorite Sarah from Auntie Brandy