feet hurting vs shoes

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 12:46 pm

my feet get to hurting something fierce. they are swelling again I guess it is time to hate the heat again. but even in the winter shoes would hurt my feet. and when I could wear them I still was bothered by them after a while. is there anyone else that has this problem and has a great idea or cure for this I now have 100 pair slip on sandals and flip flops for every occasion. easy on easy off.. they are not practicle for the rainy days or the snowy ones but i would wear them anyways because i felt better and i cannot feel temperature differnces with the outside of my feet..:confused:

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 12:58 pm

I wear “crocs”, they are the rubber/plastic shoes. They are light, easy to put on, and cover my foot and best of all comfortable. I have the “sensitive” feet that can’t stand to have anything rubbbing or touching them. I wear socks 24/7. The crocs took a bit to get used to as they have nubs on the bottom on the inside. My therapist said this was actually good to help desensitize my feet. I cannot wear flip flops or sandals without a strap because I trip as they fall off my feet. With the crocs you can flip the strap to the top and turn them into clogs. They come in about 10 colors.

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 1:06 pm

My feet always hurt as well. New Balance make shoes in widths. I have always had wide feet, but wore any regular shoes size 12s. After having cidp for a few years I had my foot re measured and found that it had spread out quite a bit. Now I wear 13 eeee from new balance. Much less painful.

Not the magic bullet you were looking for, but maybe a possibility.

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 6:53 pm

thank you so much for all the rersponses I will try all of these and see what works for me thank you again!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 8:35 pm

an ‘RX’ kind made for diabetics. The nubs in the soles aren’t as nubby, and I find they sort of stimulate my soles and my feet feel warmer after wearing them. They come wide, and I have one very wide pair of feet. If you had narrow feet it would be different. They are far cheaper than most diabetic shoes, are comfortable, and don’t get too tight when my feet try to swell.

Mine are in a matte black color and they don’t look cheap at all. I called the Manufacturer customer service directly and got advice as to which ones might be best for me. I am very happy with that advice and don’t regret getting them one bit. Do a search for Crocs.com and go directly to the name. All my doctors like my wearing them. Next time you see one of yours, look at what the nurses and techs wear…in each office you will see at least ONE person wearing them. It was that fact, really, that had sold me.

My other shoes are ‘water shoes’, sport shoes with lots of velcro: two straps over the foot and a velcro strap at the heel to adjust as needed during swelling.

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 9:05 pm

[QUOTE=JohnC]My feet always hurt as well. New Balance make shoes in widths. I have always had wide feet, but wore any regular shoes size 12s. After having cidp for a few years I had my foot re measured and found that it had spread out quite a bit. Now I wear 13 eeee from new balance. Much less painful.[/QUOTE]

New Balance has a SL-2 shoe configuration. That gives you a wide and high toe box. That extra room up front has helped me

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 10:39 pm

i wear NB great for support and protecting the toes and feet(i have a stress fracture in my left foot, otherwise i wear crocs, even in the snow-i just put socks on. crocs are my good girl treat, since i’m supposed to be wearing my NB for the support of my foot, i just have to go croc once in awhile.:D

• May 8, 2007 at 11:03 pm

My feet are pretty small due to the muscle atrophy so NIKE is great for the narrower foot. They accomodate my AFOs and was about the only shoe I could wear. I recently ordered some shoes from FOOTSMART because many of them are orthotic friendly.
      I finally have a pair of sandals. They are the Projet shore walkers and finally allow my toes to breathe:D I can’t wear much of anything else and am looking forward to the day when a designer makes cute shoes for us who are wanting something fun but practical:D 😀

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2007 at 12:32 pm

I’ve been wearing SAS shoes for a while- they come in widths, as well as dress and more casual styles. They’re the only shoes I can wear these days