EX Red to retire

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 10:15 am

Babbel only played one season for the Reds before being cruely sidelined with Guillian-Barre Syndrome. Cut and paste the following link: [url]http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=321269[/url]

Here is the complete story when I cut and patse the above link.

Ex-Red to retire

By Al Campbell Friday 26th January 2007

Former Liverpool defender Markus Babbel is to retire from playing at the end of the season.

Babbel, now playing in Germany with VFB Stuttgart, is to retire at the end of this season due to persistent knee problems.

“That’s the way it looks now, I’ll call it a day,” said the former Liverpool right-back.

“I was always a player that could be counted on to perform. I’m not able to do that any more.”

Babbe was signed for the Reds by Gerard Houllier in 2000 and was a vital component of the treble side of 2001. Babbel only played one season for the Reds before being cruely sidelined with Guillian-Barre Syndrome. The defender did return to first team action in 2002/3 but was soon sold to Blackburn Rovers.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 4:55 pm

Hi-

Tried the website but got something else.

What is the players full name and when did he contact GBS?

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 5:34 pm

Hi-

Thanks for the information.

Thought you were taliking about Baseball/Cincinnatti Reds.

No wonder I couldn’t find any information on the person.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Mark Schlereth (was with the Broncos for awhile, if memory serves) had a very minor case of it, once upon a time.