Essential Hand Stretches

• May 25, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Hello all

Many folks here looking for pain relief for hands. Mine hurt too. I feel like I’ve made HUGE gains in strength and somewhat in dexterity, my hands still feel like they want to shrivel up. My palms and fingertips feel like they’ve been slapped silly by the end of the day.

I found this useful video today. This guys routine helped me with some stretches I hadn’t learned prior.

Be sure to do them correctly and you should feel the tightness in your hands and forearms. As well, I suggest you rub your hands on everything that wont get you arrested for being a pervert.

I hope it helps:)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrfB7JIzxY[/url]

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

hey NGG……what’s new in Canada? I remember in therapy that my hand strength was helped a lot by having to find little plastic beads in clay…..I always tried to find a way to cheat…but was ultimately busted every time. I suppose you’ve already done something like this……keep up the progress! Really liked what you did with the guitar……

• May 25, 2011 at 9:19 pm

hey Tom how are you doin?

Canada is alright. Warm weather has returned to Ontario and is very welcome.

My best therapy is practice, learning how to do more with less, it’s coming along alright.

Thanks for the gee-tar compliment. That really was a labor of love. There are still some frustration gouges from removing the paint cause I was too tired to try to sand them out. The bridge screw holes didn’t match up so I had to get a friend to drill and dowel them and then drill again…..and then the frets needed serious levelling, way beyond my expertise. I found a Russian guy in the city who works out of his apartment to fix it up. He works cheap and attacks the job like a scientist. It plays better than any of my guitars and will be my main axe (I believe) down the road.

• May 27, 2011 at 9:21 pm

My hands got hit pretty bad 7 months ago w/GBS. Grip is getting stronger now but movement is limited and wrists are really weak as well. Thumbs and index fingers are starting to come back and I am hoping the others will follow. Thanks for sharing.

• June 1, 2011 at 3:00 pm

hey kevin, I hope you are well. I am constantly doing these stretches even when I’m not aware of it. The ones where you arms out stretched stretch one finger (especially the ring) while stretching the others down is incredibly painful at times. However, I think that I am loosening up a lot of tension that has been present in my forearm muscles for some time.
      I am still unclear as to what happened and why my hands seem to be going into some kind of atrophy. My knuckles crack at the slightest touch (I had some fun doing a full round crunching into a mic in a room full of young teens, the squirming was fantastic!!:) )