Emotions Running Wild

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 11:34 am

Hi Family,

A little news, I started a new job as an office manager for 2 Psychiatrists on Nov. 8th. Being I haven’t worked for 2 years ,I am pooped to say the least.
      It’s an emotionally draining job when I look at the little children who come into the office who need help so badly.

I finally sold my house this week and I am having some sad moments about this. But I can’t support 2 households. I am having a meltdown this month, thinking about Frank and how much I miss him. Nov.28th we would have been married 37 years and I have to deal with him being gone 1 year on Christmas Day. I thought I had a handle on this, but the memories are flooding back in huge waves right now. Sorry to burden all of you with this, but I have received so much support emotionally from all of my dear family here, that I knew I could unload my feelings to you once again.

Also, Marge has been in the hospital again for 2 weeks with a lung infection again. Her lung collapsed, but she’s doing better.She’s in ICU so I can’t even to talk to her, but she has her therapist call me to give me updates on her. I miss my sister, my friend. We tend to keep each other on the sane side.

Love and Peace to All of You for Thanksgiving Day.

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 11:47 am

Brandy, I am not very good at saying what I feel reading your post. It made me really sad and I wished to be able to give you a real live hug and let you cry.

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 1:02 pm

Brandy,

My husband and I would have been married 36 years. Preparation for the holidays are the hardest. There are so many things you want to tell them!! I think my worst moment this year was our daughter’s wedding. Thank God I have a wonderful new man in my life. He’s not a replacement, he’s his own guy. Totally different. My way of dealing with the loss of Paul before Sandy came into my life was to help those who were in need. It’s amazing what it does for your outlook. Also, selling the house we lived in was, for me, really good therapy.

Good luck, sister

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Brandy, take the time to let the memories flood and the tears flow. There is no time limit on grieving. I wish we could all be there to support you, as you have done for us so many times. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, and also with Marge. I am glad you shared with this family as we are here to support you. Hugs to you and Marge. Vicki

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 1:17 pm

I don’t know what to say but if you can join a support group to help people lost a loved one it may help or maybe just seeing a professional counselor may help.

Just know I am thinking about you and if you want to call me email me and I would be happy to talk to you I can give you my number.

I feel the same way this month emotion running wild for different reason. The title you used says it all.

Sue

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 1:21 pm

Donna,

You are always in my thoughts and prayers, if you ever need anything please get ahold of me. This is a difficult time of year for you and I admire your strength. Take care and when you are able to talk to Marge again please send my best.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 3:11 pm

WOW I was reading your post and saw so much good going on in your life too! New job and going back to work finally in 2 years. I hope to get back to work and be able to brag about that new job.

Two households and finally being able to sell a house in this market. I am seeing nothing but good happening to you finally! Your life is turning around!

Having mixed emotions when changes are taking place is hard, but try to see how much support you have from your circle of friends here. Even having some one that will call you so you don’t worry about your Sister!

I have not chatted with you personally and am still getting to know everyone but I only see possitive things happening to you, just look how blessed you really are.

Deal with the emotions and lean on your friends. Now might be a good time to send your Sister a letter or card that someone can read to her! I remember how it was being in the hospital.

Now with Thanksgiving coming up soon in the USA we have so much to be thankful about. Let someone know! Let the feelings flow! What would all good memories be like if there was not hard times to make them seem so special?

Hang in there you are special. I lost my Dad a few days before Christmas and I know the kind of loss that causes around that time each year! You know if they had to pick a day to die it would not have been around or on Christmas! But it their way of letting us remember the good times and how special we are! A reminder to make some ones Christmas special by making them know you care! Letting them know you remember they are special too!
      So dry up those tears and let go of your fears! Let someone know you are there for them and give someone a HUG! I am glad you are part of my extended family! When I am blue I look for a post to the forum from you!

Happy Holidays Everyone! (((((Brandy)))))

🙂

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 3:36 pm

Thank You everyone for the support and hugs, I love you all dearly.

A few things have happened since I posted this, I just found out a friend of mine commited suicide yesterday and now I have to put my second dog down,
      he has bone cancer and fell down the stairs at my sons house and broke his shoulder. he’s at the vet’s office now, this is so overwhelming for me right now. I think tomorrow I will sit down with my boss and pour it all out.
      How ironic that I work for a Psychiatrist right now, I need to talk to her so badly tomorrow.

I’ll tell Marge that you are all thinking about her when I call her therapist tonight.

All my love to this wonderful family.

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 5:56 pm

Brandy,

I know there is nothing I can say to ease the pain. Just know that you are in the prayers of us all.

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 7:39 pm

Brandy,

This must really be a tough time for you. So many changes and memories to deal with all at once. Even good changes entail some stress (not necessarily distress). Try to take one thing at a time, if you can. You’ll get through this. Sometimes we all need a little pep talk from our friends. My thoughts are with you, and please give Marge a hug from me too.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 9:56 pm

Brandy

No words sound adequate 🙁 , we are [I]all[/I] with you!

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 1:21 pm

Brandy,
      First of all just let me say how sorry I am for all your losses and what you must be going through. Seconldy let me just say how much I miss you, and your words of wisdom, and would love to be there to give you a great big hug. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Roxie xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 4:54 pm

Donna, dear ~ wow! sometimes life does give us to much to deal with all at once. . . you are such a precious “family member”. Please know that you are in Richard’s and my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could give you a hug in person. Please give Sister Marge a “virtual hug” for us, as she is in our thoughts and prayers also.

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 8:47 pm

Donna, you’re in my thoughts and prayers. I love you very much and hope you feel better really soon. Please let Marge know I’m thinking about her too.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 3:26 am

Donna, Big Hugs!!! you know you can vent to me anytime you need to! you’re in my thoughts and prayers.
      give marge my best and tell her we miss her Alot!!! and to keep mentally spankin’ those cute male nurses!!!;)

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 9:59 am

Too bad the Naked Cowboy isn’t also a nurse. Maybe we could give him an honorary nursing degree so he could go get spanked by Marge?

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 2:15 pm

Hello Brandy,
      I can relate to the emotions you are feeling right now. I lived through it when my own husband died during the holidays and even though it was many years ago, memories come back. You have been in my thoughts because I know that this Christmas will be such a heartbreak for you. Many of us do understand the grief you feel when you must decide to send a beloved pet to heaven. Just close your eyes during a quiet moment and feel the hugs we are all sending you.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 5:16 pm

Missed this post through the Thanksgiving Holidays and now I see it… Brandy, our sweet dear Brandy, I wonder if we could get a group rate on a flight to come be with you. More hugs to you girlfriend!

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 7:03 pm

Hello Donna

I realise that my situation is very different from yours yet I learnt a couple of things. What is said above is absolutely right – there is no time limit on grieving.

I was told, by others in the same situation as me, to be aware that, after a year, I might think the worst was over and that everything would be on an even keel, BUT when it all crashed again not to be frightened and scared but to realise in advance,, that it probably would happen. Keeping that little warning at the back of my mind helped me. So when things took a rough turn I wasn’t too frightened but accepted that it was not unusual. It doesn’t make it easier, but it made it less scary.

If your emotions are running wild, perhaps that is what they need to do, now, when hopefully you are a little more able to cope with it and accept it happening.

You are grieving, and I feel for you. Your love is worthy of your grieving.

I think that grief and crying washes out your heart, easing the pain and leaving the love.

Altlhough Christmas is not a good day to die for those you leave behind, what a day to go to the Lord, on the day we mark his Birth on earth.

So long as I have a memory you are in it. And my Mum asked after you too. You may grieve entirely alone, yet others are with you. Take comfort.

God bless
      Teresa