Emily update time! (aka…time for some mommy bragging)

• June 25, 2012 at 6:00 am

Emily graduated from 5th grade last week. She is going to middle school next year (makes me want to cry!). She was awarded the Presidents Award for Educational Excellence – she received it because she had all A’s all year on her report card & she tested “advanced” on the state standardized tests in all areas.

This last weekend her skating team competed at Regionals, outside of Chicago. We were lucky to be only a few minutes from Dawn – so we got to meet up with her, meet her kids (they are so grown!) & of course, meet her dog! We had a great dinner with her too. Dawn also came to Emily’s skating competition to cheer her on. Emily was really happy about that! Emily’s team placed 4th! (we all think they were robbed out of 3rd though) She is trying to convince me that she needs to join the skating club next year so she can do solo competitions. I think she needs to get a job to help pay for it, LOL.

Emily’s IVIG treatments will be moving from every 5 weeks to every 6. This next treatment will be 44 days after her last. I’m nervous, scared, & excited all at the same time about it. FINGERS CROSSED!

I feel like life has changed SO much since she was in preschool – when she was dx’d. We went from being scared & uncertain to her excelling in school & enjoying her life like a “normal” little girl (now almost a pre-teen) should. I hope everyone can look at what Emily has accomplished & remember that life can & does get better. It takes time (almost 6 years for us) and MANY ups & downs…but it does get easier & better.

Have a HAPPY summer!
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2012 at 12:12 pm

God bless her.

• Anonymous
      June 27, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Kelly, what a girl you have there. That’s for the lovely update on Emily.

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I am so glad Emily is doing so well. She’ll be in middle school next year…oh my.
      We will all keep our fingers crossed that Emily does well with her extended infusions”’

• July 6, 2012 at 7:40 am

It is so awesome to hear such amazing news! Congratulations on everything!!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Such a wonderful update – brings tears of joy to this mother’s heart. Congratulations!