Embarrasing Pacemaker

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Saturday they set the heart rate of my new pacemaker at a steady 70 beats per minute. It can go up temporarily through exercise and a little known feature that could turn out to be a little embarassing. A pretty nurse came in to take one last reading of the monitor before my release. Without looking at the number I said: “It should be 70….” – “No,”she answered,”it just jumped to 80 when I walked in. Thank’s for the compliment.”

• April 26, 2010 at 3:23 pm

That was really cute Norb. I have had an awful day today and you made me chuckle!

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Gee, my pacemaker alway does the same thing when my wife walk into the room :rolleyes: – at least that what I tell her. Norb, feel free to borrow that line.

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2010 at 1:51 pm

When I had mine put in 03/2009 I was informed that the pacemaker was like a mini-ekg and would keep track of “episodes” of eratic or fast heartbeats (mine is also set at 70 per min.). When my wife went with me for my first check-up, we were both red faced to find out that our sex life was being reported due to fast beat activity…..my wife asked if there was an off switch that could be installed for our romantic evenings. 😀

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Pacemaker sure make for funny stories. Jim, good line but probably won’t work for real. We’ve been married too long.

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Norb, 39 years as of May 1st and it still works [maybe it’s partly true 😉 ].