Dx.with GBS,FYbromyalgia,Neuropathy,Back surgery

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 10:22 am

I wanted to read some of the forum and I decided to write.I have cried all morning.There is no help maybe because my private life is HELL.It was 04:00 am when I got up and I wondered how bad today is going to be.I want ot go back to bed.When I was first Dx with GBS I would go to work at 07:30 by one it was impossible for me to gat around.Tiredness did not compare to this and the pain.By 1700 it was bedtime.Tell me it gets better.:confused:

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:13 am

hi pg & welcome,

are you taking neurontin? what pain meds are you taking? it does get better, but we would be able to tell you more if you told us more about what happened, your progress, etc. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 12:20 am

😮 Hi pg,

Yes for most it does get better but we also learn to adapt to our disease. GBS means getting better slowly and this is hard to accept. We live in a fast pace world. If you are like me I was a go go go person and very much in control of my life when GBS hit. It was an awakening but it does get better but for most not back to the life we had before. You have a lot of support here.

Caroline

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 4:58 am

Hi Gene right now I am on Vicodin 10 mg,prozac.Sorry it took so long to get back but I had my user name messed up.It is 03:30 am and I have been up all night.I know things change as you get older but,this is HELL on Earth.Back 02/23/01 I had hurt my back at work and I had a BONE DENSITY STUDY DONE 6mo’s before that was normal.After I hurt my back Arthritis,Rheumatoid,Neuropathy,Fybromyalgia,Gbs,seemed to seek me out.The Dr did back Surgery but before I got off the Table I guess Bone Spurs were like popcorn multiplying.One cut into the Sciatica in my (R) leg.Because the injury was a job injury Worker’s Comp was paying for my Rx.Neurotin,Effexor,Oxycotin,Tyzantadine,Naproxen.Then they decided to not pay my Dr.so I did But then they refused to pay for Rx.There was one Lady at WC told me they would not pay for my Rx for the rest of my life.That was 08/06.I hurt so bad and I guess the other problems effect me that if they ever legalize certain things (not MJ) I probably wii be a canditate.At 47 I went back to College after getting my GED and became a Nurse my Dream.I am 63 and don’t feel like I can stay out of bed.Thx for listening.your friend.trisha-MAY GOD WALK WITH US

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 5:08 am

Caroline if it gets better,it needs to get with it.I feel like children think I am puuting on and they are ascared of having me as a responsibilty.Workers comp quit me so I am down to Vicodin.I am so severly exhausted that my 8 hr days are down to 2.Pain is my best freind.I am sorry I could not get back to the forum but I forgot my user name.

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 8:00 pm

trisha,

yep, i’d say you have a barrel of probs & have the right to complain big time. don’t know if you can do this, but i’d suggest you rest as much as possible & seek legal help to getting you what $ is due you including ssi. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 11:55 am

gene,I am so glad you got back with me.I went shopping yesterday ( Saturday ) with my little grandaughter and maybe I over did it We were out about 4 1/2 hrs.God I am no use to anyone or anything because today I am hurting so bad,exhausted to a point of just wanting to stay in bed,I can hardly raise my arms.It seams like there is nothing I can do about the way I feel.When I got hurt it was in 2001 and I did not sue Texas Tech and I used up all my Sick time and Comp time but,finally had to give up and apply for Workers Comp but,now they have quit me.For 26 yrs.I have had legal help to get my WC started in 2001 but no one here would go against Texas Tech.This morning I got up ate cheese,crackers and a boiled egg hoping to feel better because I feel like I have a major hangover but,I don’t drink.My feet woke me at 03:30 am stinging and my back and (r) leg was killing me from there it’s downhill.I am so sorry to complain so much,I think my children think I am putting on.Well I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and wish you a very Merry Christmas.I know now there is only one set of Foot Prints because God is carrying me.trisha

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 2:40 pm

pgorley,

Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. Perhaps if you make copies of some of the articles by the knowledgeable doctors that have written for GBSFI and give them to your children they will have a better understanding of what you are going through.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Best wishes, Suzanne