Dizziness

• June 7, 2016 at 3:49 pm

I am 25 years old and I was diagnosed with GBS January of this year. I am have been having a rough week, BAD muscle spasms, seeing spots in my eye, constant muscle fatigue and the tingling and numbness are intense. Over the last 4 days I have been getting dizzy a lot and its worrying me. Does anyone else get dizzy. I called my doctor and I can’t be seen until later this month. I am at wits end.

• June 7, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Muscle spasms and fatigue have been a part of me for years since I came down with GBS, I don’t know what medications you may be on which might cause some of your problems. If it continues or gets worse I would seek another doctor’s opinion to check you out.

• June 10, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Medications can cause the dizziness. When I was finally somewhat mobile after over 3 months of being completely paralyzed, I would get dizzy trying to sit up and stand up. The muscle spasms, fatigue, tingling and numbness are unfortunately a gift from the GBS. There are meds you can take for these but unfortunately one of the side effects of these are dizziness. My son and I made it a point to review all of the side effects of all of my meds and several of them had dizziness as a very commonone.
      Angie