Cytoxan Follow Up

• August 27, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Had my first 1030 mg of Cytoxan yesterday and NO side Effects, yet. Nurse said it could happen in a couple of days, but I think I’m going to make it Ok.

Will keep you informed as I go one from here. One a month for 5 more months.

Take Care!!

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2010 at 9:45 am

I wish you the best. I am finishing my PE and starting Rituxan in two weeks.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2010 at 6:53 pm

just so you know my son Ryan (mccy_blueyes) you will see ryan posting under this name.

anyways Ryan had an infusion every 3 weeks for 6 months and the first few months it was a breeze but as you continue to get cytoxan the more of it gets into your system. the worst your nausea will get each month. make sure your doctor perscrbes some good anti nausea pills. if you get nauseatedcall him and get a different one. there are enough out there and there is no reason so fell like crap when you can get something to take care of it.

we were told that cytoxan can cause sterility but our cancer doctor who gave ryan the treatments told us that he didnt get the high dose that would cause sterility not that it can’t happen but it usually happens to the cancer patients who get the huge doses. ryan got 2000mg everytime he got it but there are higher doses and ryan will get checked again in Jan to see if he has any efffects of the cytoxan in that area. if you drink lots of fluids before and everyday for a week you shouldn’t haveany kidney or bladder issues.

• Anonymous
      August 31, 2010 at 12:00 am

I received 5 loading doses of cytoxan of 1140 mg in 10 days, & then 1800 mg for the next 8 months. I did lose my hair, but thanks to Zofran (anti-nausea med), & solumedrol infusions, I never got any nausea. I don’t remember any specific side effects, but then I was very ill back then anyways. If you don’t get sick in the first few days, why would you get sick in between? I don’t understand that? I would go back & do it all over again, for me it was so worth it…

BTW we just got back from 5 glorious days at our summer cabin; in the middle of nowhere, an isolated island with no electricity, gas lights, gas stove, an outhouse, etc. We’ve made 5 trips up there so far this summer. We have also had 2 lovely vacations in the Brainerd Lakes area for 4 & 5 days. Now we are busy planning a 2 week road trip out to Colorado (we live in MN.) We already have our winter trip planned & booked to Cape Coral, FL & Naples, FL. For 3 years there was a time I believed that I would always be a helpless person in a powerchair. Cytoxan gave me back a life!