Could I have been mis-diagnosed with CIDP? I think so – after 26 years

• September 27, 2020 at 11:17 am

In 1994 I was diagnosed with CIDP. At first they thought it was Lyme – then MS – and finally CIDP BUT after all these years, my symptoms don’t jive with the norm. I am thinking peripheral neuropathy. There are no doctors who specialize in this in South Florida that I know of and my main concern is, if it is PN and NOT CIDP, can I now begin taking flu vaccines and pneumonia and shingles shots? I haven’t taken any since the inception but they think this issue was caused by either the NJ Swine Flu vaccine or the pneumonia vaccine as I received them the same day and only a few days later, symptoms appeared. Any advice for me? Thank you –

• September 27, 2020 at 3:07 pm

There is a Center of Excellence in Miami and maybe you should seek a second opinion from them:

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine

• August 18, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Like Jim suggested. I believe getting a second opinion from a professional would be a good idea

• September 24, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Thank you very much for all the advice and recommendations, now I am also interested. Actual)

• September 25, 2021 at 12:12 pm

We found a lot of interesting information, in the near future we will consider these proposals