Could I have been mis-diagnosed with CIDP? I think so – after 26 years

• September 27, 2020 at 11:17 am

In 1994 I was diagnosed with CIDP. At first they thought it was Lyme – then MS – and finally CIDP BUT after all these years, my symptoms don’t jive with the norm. I am thinking peripheral neuropathy. There are no doctors who specialize in this in South Florida that I know of and my main concern is, if it is PN and NOT CIDP, can I now begin taking flu vaccines and pneumonia and shingles shots? I haven’t taken any since the inception but they think this issue was caused by either the NJ Swine Flu vaccine or the pneumonia vaccine as I received them the same day and only a few days later, symptoms appeared. Any advice for me? Thank you –

• September 27, 2020 at 3:07 pm

There is a Center of Excellence in Miami and maybe you should seek a second opinion from them:

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine

• August 18, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Like Jim suggested. I believe getting a second opinion from a professional would be a good idea

• September 24, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Thank you very much for all the advice and recommendations, now I am also interested. Actual)

• September 25, 2021 at 12:12 pm

We found a lot of interesting information, in the near future we will consider these proposals

• May 28, 2022 at 10:35 am

I did get in touch with Miami U and sent all my records to them as requested. I had a televisit with a neurologist there who did come to the conclusion that if it was CIDP it was the mildest case he has ever known. He thought it was more peripheral neuropathy. He also told me to get the Covid vaccines as the risk of not having the vaccines were too high. I did and had no reactions whatsoever. Just wanted to update this post.