cookiegirl

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2008 at 4:53 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you are going thru.
      Please try and concentrate of your finding some relief in knowing he is not suffering now. It helps to be busy too as the goes on try and do something for yourself.
      I know we will suffer these losses even if we do not want to think that way. I am getting older and so is my husband and I do not want to let go but when the time comes it is not us that decides that . It is the man above.
      Be kind to yourself
      Joanf

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I am relieved he is not suffering now. I am only 51. I wanted to grow old with my husband. He was only 53. I just picked up his remains and the death certificate at the funeral home. He wanted to be cremated. We have a beautiful urn with the Marine Corp emblem on it. The Dr. put on the death certificate that it was mainly polyneuropathy that killed him. He was also diabetic. I am going to take some classes. My husband and I had just discussed the week before he passed. My grandson is coming over this weekend and we are going bake cookies. My husband would tell me I need a granddaughter because he and I always do things like that together.

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Hey Cookie? Was your husband a Veteran and going to the VA. I know my father was a Veteran and he was getting disability from the VA. You may be entitled to some of his benefits. So make sure you contact the VA. I know this is something you really may not want to hear about because you are mourning for him and miss him. And I know you would rather see him here with you instead of being gone. His spirit is with you though and will alway’s be there. And it will take a long time to even get back on your feet. Very bad time of the year to lose your loved one. And I think we all agree that we want to grow old with our soul mates.
      If I lost my husband, it would just about kill me! I would not know what to do without him. Very very hard having this happen to you. But if you can, contact the VA and see what you are entitled too. The VFW Post might have someone there that can assist you also. I know they gave my mom $1000.00 to help towards my father’s funeral. They also gave her a nameplate. Plus she is on Champus which is a Military Health Insurance and she gets my fathers retirement from the Military and also a VA Check each month. My father was 100 percent disability. If any of his death was considered Military related then he would be entitled to recieving some benefits and the wife gets those if he passes.
      I know you would rather have him alive and here with you. But if you are entitled to any of his pensions check into it. Not sure how long he was in the Military but he might have something there that could help you for your future or your childrens future.
      I wish you my best Cookie! It’s not going to be an easy time right now for you. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts!
      Many many cyber hugs headed your way!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 12:29 am

I thought I would make it through Christmas. I went to my children’s house and I was fine till I went home by myself. I cried myself to sleep last night. I finally got up and took a sleeping pill. The Dr. said it would be ok to take sleeping pills and anti depressant pills for a couple of months to help me through the grieving process. I had an appt. today for a school. I applied to a career school that trains Medical ass. dental ass.etc.many other medical careers I applied for the medical ass. I had to take take a test and I was worried because I have not been to college since 1976. I did very well. She said I scored high enough I could apply for the pharmacy if I wanted to. I told her the only experience I have is taking care of my husband. When he came home from the hospital I had to give him his infusion antibiotics, I tested his blood sugar. I have given him his B12 shots and insulin. The home health care nurse taught me me how to change his dressings and I also made sure he took all of his meds. He had know idea what he was suppose to take. My interviewer told me that is considered experience. I told her my husband passed November 21st. I need to do something to keep busy. She said my husband will probably be very proud of me. I start Jan. 20th. Thanks everyone for all your kind words and I will let you know how school is going.

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 12:33 am

I also told the interviewer I was worried because I am 51. She said you are never to old to go to school. She said the class that just graduated had a 62 year old in it.

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 3:04 am

So true Cookie! So true! But 51 is not really that old. You have many years ahead of you. I wish you my best! Hugs
      Linda

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 6:57 am

cookiegirl,
      Wishing you my best as you start school for medical asst.
      Holidays are always hard when you have lost a loved one.
      My thoughts are with you.

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 2:15 pm

cookiegirl,
      51 is a great age to start school. Do not let the age thing worry you. You have experience and a sense of direction. That counts a lot more that you think.

This is a rough time of the year for anyone who lost a love one. You are in my prayer daily that God will give you the strength and courage to carry on.

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Thanks everyone for the confidence. You know Jim your words were the same that the counselor at the school told me. She said a sense of direction goes along way.