Cold verses GBS

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2006 at 12:58 pm

The cold weather is very hard on Brandon who was diagnosed in the beginning of August. It is now Janaury and he is doing very well and we can hardly imagine that months before we were the hospital with him not knowing his outcome. He does not like the cold weather, being undressed, his feet bare or his skin touched. He is extremely senstive to the wind, cold and snow. He hates bathtime unless I heat the whole house first and the bathroom heaters are on full blast. I know we were told it will take approx. a year for full recovery but have spoken to GBS patients and they say it never seems to go away. I not sure what to expect for my two year but I will contiune therapies and do what ever it takes to make him comfortable. Any suggestion or need any support please let me know. My little one was only 22 months when he was hit with this and it was extremly scary, fustrating and painful to watch over him. But now to see his progress it is enlighting.
      JB

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2006 at 1:48 pm

My son has also been having a hard time since it has gotten cold. I have asked others that have had GBS and they also say that the cold effects their bodies. My son seems extremely stiff lately.

Stacy

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 12:35 am

[COLOR=magenta]Hello,[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=magenta][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=magenta]yes I do seem to have problems with the cold. I become stiff and I hurt and my blance and walking seems to become worse. Not sure if its from GBS or not but I did not have this problem before GBS. So maybe…..[/COLOR]