Cold Season

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 8:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sara. I used to post a while back before this site was re-done. It wasn’t very frequent–mostly when I was experiencing strange and scary symptoms and needed some reassurance to keep my sanity.

Well, I’m back again for an “am I crazy?” question.

See, I was sent home from work tonight because I was experiencing numbness in my hands and feet. I’m a barista, so I need both of these 🙂 After about an hour, I began dropping the pitchers of milk, so they gave me the boot and told me to get some sleep…

I had GBS in 2003, and I’ve had my ups and downs with residuals, but I haven’t experienced anything for about a year. Right now hands and feet are cold, bluish and numb, my skin’s crawling and burning, I have the jitters, and it hurts to type this, etc. (all the thing’s we’re still trying to get used to).

I guess the question is, anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening after a year of relatively good health? Most importantly, I think I’m coming down with some kind of cold or virus. Do any of you experience GBS effects right before you get sick? I get a little panicky when I start to get these feelings again.

I mean, what actually helps with these symptoms? I was “dismissed” by my neurologist years ago after my nerve tests came back normal. He said the pain I experienced was psychological, because GBS doesn’t come back, and that I should see a shrink. I told him to stuff it, but now I feel like I’m on my own here. Do vitamins help? Any other recommendations? Help please!

Thanks for your time, everyone.
      In return, if I can be of any help, just let me know.

• Anonymous
      February 21, 2007 at 10:23 pm

sarah,

pain can be a real part of gbs & you need neurontin for it. do not go back to this less than knowledgeable neuro. he will hurt you. if you have not been doing anything abnormal lately you should go to a new neuro. if you have been pushing yourself hard lately, you need mucho rest. always remember there are other things than gbs that can happen to us.

FL Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.

dr stephen block 1411 No Flagler Dr, W Palm beach

University of Miami, School of Medicine, Department of Neurology. Dr. Bradley[He’s the Chief Neurologist, teaches medical students, writes medical text and periodicals, and is heavy into ALS research] , if not then on of his associates Dr. Mauricio Concha with Neurological Associates in Sarasota. he is moving [locally?]… later by another, I was on a heart monitor and close to a respirator. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Concha!! Last I heard, he was in Sarasota, FL

Manley Kilgore – Baptist Hospital in Jacksonivlle 904-396-2400. Rehab doc Howard Weiss 904-296-9939. He is also a resident at Brooks Rehab Hospital. They treat every GBS patient in Jax and he is also very willing to help.

If Tallahassee is not too far of a trip for you might want to get in touch with the Tallahassee Neurological Clinic at (850)878-8121. They have done wonders with me

Tampa try Dr. Steven Sergy or one of his assoc. 813-872- 1548 has a great reputation with GBS/Miller Fisher – he practiced in Boston – he has been nomiated as President of the Nero for the USA so you might have to take one of his Assoc.

tampa Dr. Chichicova and she has experience with GBS phone #974-2201

take care. be well.
      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength