COACH SUTTON-Sunday Feb 18, 2007

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 12:07 pm

Did anyone just see Coach Sutton on ESPN talking about GBS? Great exposure for this illness. They showed him going through PT also. He now uses a walker.

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 2:49 pm

Do you mean Eddy? OSU?? I am not sure if that is who you are speaking of but if it is that suprises me…cause i didnt know he had GBS. In any case it IS great for exposure.

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Crap do I have the right coach???????????

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 3:23 pm

Guess I do have the right Coach, it’s Mike Sutton that has GBS.

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 9:29 pm

There was also his story done by Dr. Gupta on CNN a couple of weeks ago.
      Its great that the media is starting to pay attention to GBS and what it is about.
      I wish they would do more.

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 9:31 pm

[QUOTE=Natesmom]There was also his story done by Dr. Gupta on CNN a couple of weeks ago.
      Its great that the media is starting to pay attention to GBS and what it is about.
      I wish they would do more.[/QUOTE]

So do I, but this is a start.:)

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 4:17 am

Kittispitz,

Brandy is right….it is Mike Sutton…..not Eddie…..Mike is the coach of Tennessee Tech Basketball. I have often wondered myself if they are related? :confused:

I saw him on CNN a couple of weeks ago, also. Very good coverage!!!!:)

Per

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 2:17 pm

Hi,

I’m in Oklahoma and we HAD an Eddie Sutton as basketball coach of Oklahoma State University (not to be confused with other OSUs). Eddie Sutton retired here after admitting to alcoholism. His son, Sean?, coaches now. Remember back a few years when a plane crashed with our basketball team on it? I knew the pilot and a tv sports anchor. Anyway, just wanted to help you all clear up the Sutton’s.

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 8:23 pm

I set up a “google alert” for GBS. I get an e-mail each time google picks up “GBS” anywhere. During flu shot season I was constantly getting them. Anyway, Mike Sutton often pops up as being mentioned with GBS.
      A few had some interviews he’d done.
      Takes a big name to bring things up front in the news. I still wouldn’t wish it on anybody, well known, or not.
      JayDee