Cleveland Clinic

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 11:08 am

I’m interested to know if any of you members have used the Cleveland Clinic for treatment of CIDP. I live in Texas and have been very satisfied with my doctors and treatment with IVIG. However, I have an opportunity to perhaps use the services of the Cleveland Clinic and I’d like to know more about it.
      Zack Fisher
      Texas

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 2:18 pm

*NOT recommended – Clevland Clinic* I have seen about 10 GBSers at Clev clinic and could not recommend a single Dr. Not because they are not good but because none of them impressed me. If your ins. will ok you to go to University hospitals (right next to the clinic) I would highly recommend you to go there. The whole neuro floor is fantastic.
      a 2nd gbser says no go to clevland clinic – i wouldn’t go back to cleveland clinic, they did nothing to give me a second opinion except run the same emg/ncv and sent out 2 teaspoons of blood for muscle disease testing, and ran a urine test without me giving them a sample–surprise it was normal. my neuro was upset that a well known clinic like cleveland.
      3rd post new info as of 6-06. FYI the head of neuro at the Clev Clinic was let go. The news is the new head that will start in Aug and will make many changes. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength