Cidp with geno type 1 hep c

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2008 at 9:41 am

Improvement of a CIDP associated with hepatitis C virus infection using antiviral therapy
      P. Corcia, MD PhD, D. Barbereau, MD, A. M. Guennoc, MD, B. de Toffol, MD PhD and Y. Bacq, MD

From the Department of Neurology (Drs. Corcia, Guennoc, and de Toffol), CHRU Bretonneau, and Department of Hepatogastroenterology (Drs. Barbereau and Bacq), CHRU Trousseau, Tours, France.

Address correspondence and reprint requests to Dr. P. Corcia, Service de Neurologie, CHRU Bretonneau, 2 bis Boulevard Tonnellé, 37044 Tours Cedex, France; e-mail: corcia@med.univ-tours.fr

A 57-year-old man with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy associated with hepatitis C virus infection was treated successfully with the combination of peginterferon-{alpha}-2b and ribavirin. Viral eradication was confirmed during the 4th week of treatment and was followed 3 weeks later by neurologic improvement. The patient resumed normal activity 1 year after the therapy was completed

This is what Iam shooting for guys, I will start the interferon in about 2 weeks, wish Me luck.I must try.Willie:eek:

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2008 at 11:27 am

Wilie,
      Good luck! I hope you can get the results you are trying for.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Willie,
      You WILL do it. One day at a time and with us behind you.
      Always,
      Linda