CIDP: from pathology to phenotype w/CISP

• jk
      February 8, 2018 at 2:02 pm

I was looking for chronic immune sensory polyradiculopathy (CISP) when I found this:

“Similarly, a small subset of patients with CIDP (∼5%) present with progressive sensory ataxia and sensory symptoms, termed chronic immune sensory polyradiculopathy. In contrast to sensory CIDP, these patients may demonstrate no evidence of demyelination in distal sensory nerves and are preferentially affected at the large fibres of the posterior roots.”

If you wanted to read or save an article about all of this from the Feb. 12, 2015 JNNP by
      P. James B. Dyck (Professor of Neurology Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN), Et al go to

http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/jnnp/early/2015/02/12/jnnp-2014-309697.full.pdf

Be forewarned. The article is highly technical and likely to make your head spin.

• B
      February 8, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Thanks for posting jk! This is one of the best articles I’ve seen comparing/explaining variants and explaining the mechanisms of inflammation. Of course a bulk of the second half went way over my head. I’d love if at the Foundation symposium a neuro gave a 30-60 minute lecture explaining some of the science in layman’s terms.