CIDP and Laptops

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 3:24 pm

I have been using my laptop since last December–now aware of a problem. But now, I am wondering if the heat or some other kind of radiation is bad for my nerve fibers.(I use 1 or 2 pillows under the laptop, to soak up the heat)

For a couple of months now, my thigh muscles are weaker, slower, less able to get up or hold me up, or walk. Or is it just another waxing of my CIDP. Or light gardening? I looked on Google and it came up that a laptop wouldn’t give off as much radiation as a microwave, or a cell phone.

I would hate to think of cutting down my time at computering, or even worse, if it is ruining my legs. 😮

Anyone have any experience or knowledge with this?
      Thanks for any thoughts.
      Patricia

Use it up
      Wear it out
      Make it do
      or do without 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 7:33 pm

I recommend you purchase something like this:

[COLOR=black][COLOR=blue]raindesigninc.com/ilap.html[/COLOR] (cut and paste)[/COLOR]

it will help disapate the heat. There are many others out there also, this is just one that a friend uses.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 8:19 pm

Thanks Jerimy
      I am doing it–back order

Patricia

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 10:54 pm

Your welcome, glad I could help 🙂

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 11:33 pm

I use a chill pad (Targus brand) under my laptop to dissipate the heat. You can find it at Walmart for about $30. It has extra fans and plugs into the USB port of the laptop. My laptop generates a lot of extra heat because it does not have a newer mobile processor which are more expensive.