cidp and diabetes

• August 29, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Hi everyone its been long time since last post but I was diagnosed with diabetes last week. My doctor suggested losing weight by eating right, stop drinking Mountain Dew and exercise. I have no problem drinking and eating healthy stuff but exercising will be tuff. I did a few trips to the gym and I was leg sore for days after. Anyone have a easy for someone with CIDP exercise? I am gonna find a gym with good bikes see how that works, last gym had bikes that you sit in, not on. I found them very hard to get use.

• B
      October 4, 2018 at 12:22 am

Have you tried an elliptical machine? I also like the recumbent bike, but it sounds like maybe that’s not a good fit for you. Could you see if a personal trainer could help you adjust it to fit you better? I feel with these two machines I am less likely to stumble or fall. How about water aerobics or even just water walking? Another option is to see if your local gym has a “Silver Sneakers” program. Even if you don’t fit their age profile, the exercises are low impact, designed for seniors, and are conscious of balance issues.

• November 7, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Low carbohydrate diet is my defense for Type 1 autoimmune diabetes. Absolutely no sugar, try to stay Vegan but must add protein from healthy sources regularly.

Exercise is important but stay with low impact and walking when able. All seems to work.