Catagories?

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:51 pm

Are we going to have catagories like we did on the previous site? Admin types?

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 10:44 am

Heath,

Yes I was wondering about that too.
      By the way, when the site was down, I really read you site in depth. I had really just skimmed though it before, but having the time with nothing to post, I read everything. Well done, I really enjoyed reading it.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 10:55 am

Hi,
      I think most of us, especially the oldies, are wondering about that. I would guess administrators do intend to get it back to as close as it was. They are probably working on it still.
      I was wondering whether we will be able to use avatars under our usernames again. When I went to avatars, mine said it was disabled and it won’t unclick so I can reset.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 1:06 pm

[QUOTE=codystanley]Hi,
      I think most of us, especially the oldies, are wondering about that. I would guess administrators do intend to get it back to as close as it was. They are probably working on it still.
      I was wondering whether we will be able to use avatars under our usernames again. When I went to avatars, mine said it was disabled and it won’t unclick so I can reset.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering all the same things too Liz. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
      :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I also just learned you can only use 4 smilies in your posts too. Geez Louise, what am I going to do? I love using smilies and gifs.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 1:38 pm

Dear Friends:

Just random speculation on my part, but if they are going to move this site to a more secure server, they may wish to keep things as small as possible to make things easier. GIF’s, smilies, and graphics use a ton of memory. I am sure everything will be back and running soon enough. Just give the saint who got this site up and running a little bit of time.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 2:58 pm

I’m having smilie and gif withdrawals, hurry up already, I can’t help myself. I have no control over my hand reaching to the gifs that I post.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 3:58 pm

Brandy, attachments do work. Have you paid attention to the size limitations? for a gif it is 39.1 k and 1024 x 768 pixels.

If you are using Windows XP, just put your mouse pointer over the pix, don’t click. It will give you those three numbers,

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 4:56 pm

[QUOTE=Lee Spurgeon]Dear Friends:

Just random speculation on my part, but if thet are going to move this site to a more secure server, they may wish to keep things as small as possible to make things easier. GIF’s, smilies, and graphics use a ton of memory. I am sure everything will be back and running soon enough. Just give the saint who got this site up and running a little bit of time.

Lee[/QUOTE]
      Lee, I would hope that this software is already running where it is supposed to. To move it now wouldn’t make much sense. Also, given todays large storage capacities and fast processors I would not be too concerned about a few more or less pictures. There are certain restrictions in place already for uploading files. What I have not seen anywhere before, when you upload this software gives you a table that lists the exact maximum allowed dimensions and file sizes for each type of file. I like that.